1. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 12:46
    I have a digital SLR, but as with the less expensive models of digital cameras, there is still a very slight shutter delay, In other words, there is a fraction of a second delay between when you press the button and the photo is taken. I miss a lot of shots because of that. Is there such a thing as a digital camera that takes the photo exactly when you press the button and not an instant later, like in a regular SLR camera?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 13:03
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    I have a digital SLR, but as with the less expensive models of digital cameras, there is still a very slight shutter delay, In other words, there is a fraction of a second delay between when you press the button and the photo is taken. I miss a lot of shots because of that. Is there such a thing as a digital camera that takes the photo exactly when you press the button and not an instant later, like in a regular SLR camera?
    See if this is useful:
    http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/shutter-lag.html
  3. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 13:34
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    See if this is useful:
    http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/shutter-lag.html
    >So I gather that there is no way to avoid that shutter lag, even in the most expensive digital cameras. That's too bad because as far as I'm concerned it makes the camera almost useless.
    >Surely with all the technological advances of today, they should be able to come up with a way to eliminate it altogether while keeping the price within reason.
    >That shot is right there right now, and not a millisecond later. I could easily get it on my old SLR, but because I miss so many shots due to that delay on digital cameras, I've begun to lose interest in photography.
  4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 14:08
    I have a Nikon D80, and provided I am on a manual setting and using manual focus, there is no perceptible delay at all.
  5. Joined
    23 Oct '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 20:41
    The better SLR's have no delay at all. They store the images in large buffers.
    My Nikon D300 can shoot at 6 images per second.
  6. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 20:36
    anyone have a Nikon D5000? looking for some reviews. it is fairly new.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    29 Jun '09 20:44
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    >So I gather that there is no way to avoid that shutter lag, even in the most expensive digital cameras. That's too bad because as far as I'm concerned it makes the camera almost useless.
    >Surely with all the technological advances of today, they should be able to come up with a way to eliminate it altogether while keeping the price within reason.
    >T ...[text shortened]... many shots due to that delay on digital cameras, I've begun to lose interest in photography.
    buy a better camera.

You get what you pay for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree