1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 08:43
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo

Never forget Pope Ratzinger has now lived in La Bella Italia a few decades, knows the lay of the land and will break your kneecaps for your treasonous anti-papist rants!
    Controversial Man...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regensburg_lecture
    -
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 15:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Controversial Man...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regensburg_lecture
    -
    I am telling you! Do not mess with Ratzinger. When JPII died a die hard catholic coworker from Nigeria was all excited that Cardinal Arinze was being mentioned as strongly "papable". I told him no one who mispronounces the office he aspires to can be thus elevated. Arinze says "poop" instead of pope. I bet him $50 it would be Ratzinger and bet an additional $20 he would assume the name Benedict XVI. He ponied up and is still in awe I correctly picked both pope and name. BTW, I am on Ratzinger's FB friends list and he is forever grateful for my support!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 13:02
    I am telling you! Do not mess with Ratzinger. When JPII died a die hard catholic coworker from Nigeria was all excited that Cardinal Arinze was being mentioned as strongly "papable". I told him no one who mispronounces the office he aspires to can be thus elevated. Arinze says "poop" instead of pope. I bet him $50 it would be Ratzinger and bet an additi ...[text shortened]... d name. BTW, I am on Ratzinger's FB friends list and he is forever grateful for my support!
    Wow, you are now a poop maker, er pope maker🙂
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 13:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Wow, you are now a poop maker, er pope maker🙂
    Poop maker extraordinaire! My reward will come retirement time when I shall be elevated to Sanpetrino without hereditary connections, assuming Ratzinger is still around. Of course once they realize I am about as handy as a nail file on Devil's Island they may can me after a week of mishaps around Vatican City(Sanpetrinos are the Vatican City handymen and always inherit the position).
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 18:30
    Poop maker extraordinaire! My reward will come retirement time when I shall be elevated to Sanpetrino without hereditary connections, assuming Ratzinger is still around. Of course once they realize I am about as handy as a nail file on Devil's Island they may can me after a week of mishaps around Vatican City(Sanpetrinos are the Vatican City handymen and always inherit the position).
    That would be a handy position for sure🙂 Are there any handy women? Would make sense if it was hereditary.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 15:08
    That would be a handy position for sure🙂 Are there any handy women? Would make sense if it was hereditary.
    No handy women. Remember how hard it is to putter around in skirts and women cannot wear pants inside St. Peter's! Cannot be Swiss guards either.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 14:35
    No handy women. Remember how hard it is to putter around in skirts and women cannot wear pants inside St. Peter's! Cannot be Swiss guards either.
    Well, they could work on stuff at shoulder height...

Nice, another example of the suppression of women in religion, eh.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 20:50
    Well, they could work on stuff at shoulder height...

Nice, another example of the suppression of women in religion, eh.
    No suppression at all! Women do lots of intellectual work around the Vatican. Without them there would be no Papal Bulls, proper care of the fabulous Vatican library, excellent organization of the affairs of state and many other duties other than tinkering around with St. Peter's aging little cracks and fissures. Bear in mind Sanpetrinos are essentially janitors, not exactly a lofty position!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree