1. weedhopper
    Moves
    14 May '08 03:58
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Just the last half of the last one where they went into The Expanse.

What did I miss?

P-
    T'Pau went into pon-farr heat before the 7 year cycle- nice ratings ploy to get her writhing around in little clothing), and Archer captured by a Tellarite bounty hunter. You didn't miss any exceptional episodes.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 May '08 17:49
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    T'Pau went into pon-farr heat before the 7 year cycle- nice ratings ploy to get her writhing around in little clothing), and Archer captured by a Tellarite bounty hunter. You didn't miss any exceptional episodes.
    I'd cure her pon-farr in a minute!

P-
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 May '08 17:50

P-
    Do you even think before you type?

P-
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:18

P-
    I hear ya, Phlabb--but ol' Dr. Phlox just kept fend off her advances. Professional ethics and such. I think he might be gay.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:38
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I hear ya, Phlabb--but ol' Dr. Phlox just kept fend off her advances. Professional ethics and such. I think he might be gay.
    Speaking of disturbing lessons and Dr. Phlox... how about the time Phlox's wife came on board... and she was trying to get with Trip. Dr. Phlox was all encouraging him, becuase their culture 'likes to get around'.

That's a crazy lesson!

P-
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:50
    I watched Star Trek Enterprise and Trip (Chief Engineer) hooked up with a second rate 'person' from a planet with 2 genders and a 'third wheel' who I guess is the one who gives birth.

Turns out this 'progenerate' type gender is treated almost as slaves and Trip realized 'she' was smarter than they gave her credit for and LEARNED her how to read and some ...[text shortened]... .. since it goes against every other lesson I've learned from Star Trek.

P-
    allegory phabby....allegory!
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 May '08 16:51
    Also... the topic here is not Star Trek, but stupid lessons if you have one to share.

P-
    If you can outrun the cops, they won't show up later at your farm to arrest you.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 May '08 16:12
    Since all the lessons I ever learned from TV came from Trek, it will be difficult for me to participate if you exclude it.
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    18 May '08 16:45

P-
    your fragile geek bones couldn't take the ride. but what a hell of a way to go!

one of the greatest lessons of enterprise, is that no matter how far in the future you go, water polo is still pretty damn lame.
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    18 May '08 19:57
    ...The worst is turning on the station and seeing some stupid ghost hunter finding a hot spot and claiming he heard a voice or got a chill.
    there's one on here right now. I've just learned that ghosts are WARM.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 May '08 11:24
    it goes against every other lesson I've learned from Star Trek.
    This is possibly the funniest thing I have read in these forums... Ever.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    21 May '08 11:26
    If you are in a 'sticky' situation, all you need is a Swiss made pocket knife, some string, a lighter and you'll get out.
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    21 May '08 15:45
    Oooohhh! Almost forgot. I learned one lesson from TV, and it was a show I didn't even watch. In 7th Grade, a large percent of the populace went crazy for this miniseries called Roots. It caused me no end of pain and suffering at school, plus, as it was later revealed the the author "embellished much of the story" (translation: he lied, so the book belongs in the "fiction" section) it is proved once again that if you tell a big enough lie, for a long enough period of time, the moron factor will kick in and most people will believe it.
  14. Joined
    04 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 05:17
    I learnt from, American History X, not to bite kerbs and let people bounce on my head.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 12:04
    Originally posted by ZedsDeadBaby
    I learnt from, American History X, not to bite kerbs and let people bounce on my head.
    Good movie.Another lesson from it is to be very careful when taking a shower in the joint!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree