1. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 19:172 edits
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I'm going back and watching series 2-3, and I just finished The Girl in the Fireplace. I don't think I've ever been so heartbroken after a single episode (as opposed to a story-arch episode)! Such a sad episode.
    On Sad Episodes... BBC iPlayer (like a 'watch again' function) has just been repeated Series 5 from the start every 3 days or so. I this morning watched the van Gogh episode, and was blown away all over again.

Second half of this series after autumn (which should be good), but the BBC has indicated that 2012 will be somewhat fallow, with no real series to speak of... 🙁

Moffatt has new Sherlock Holmes (it's so-so) for next year, apparently.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 23:371 edit
    Originally posted by DrKF
    On Sad Episodes... BBC iPlayer (like a 'watch again' function) has just been repeated Series 5 from the start every 3 days or so. I this morning watched the van Gogh episode, and was blown away all over again.

Second half of this series after autumn (which should be good), but the BBC has indicated that 2012 will be somewhat fallow, with no real series to speak of... 🙁

Moffatt has new Sherlock Holmes (it's so-so) for next year, apparently.
    I just found out BBC america is on my cable net, chan 209 here. So I can catch up. I used to watch it all the time.

Have you seen 'fallen Skies' yet? It's a Steven Spielberg series on TNT network here.

http://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 02:59
    Originally posted by DrKF
    the BBC has indicated that 2012 will be somewhat fallow, with no real series to speak of... 🙁
    Yeah, that is disappointing.

Speaking of which, going back and looking at the DW timeline, why wasn't there any real season to speak of in 2009? Surely it didn't take that long to identify Matt Smith as the new Doctor?
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '11 12:35
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Yeah, that is disappointing.
    Predictable, though. They're going to have to broadcast every single second of every single Olympic event, which does not leave much room for drama, documentary (except on the life of Saint Coe), quality quizzing (expect several Olympic episodes of QoS, though), or reporting of events occurring anywhere in the UK outside of Stratford (not Avon).
    OK, the last one is not much of a change, it's just shifted East a couple of miles.

Richard
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 14:13
    Series 6, Part II coming August 27!
  6. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 17:41
    Woot!
  7. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 18:471 edit
    Favorite line from season 6, part II, thus far: "I'm really trying not to see this as a metaphor." --Rory
  8. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 20:591 edit
    Long time Dr. Who fan, but long time American too so getting my shows late, as usual.

Just started watching series 5, actually. Just got through the first 5 episodes. I'm not sure that so far Matt Smith has much chance of ranking as a favorite doctor, but I guess I need to give it some more episodes to see how his personality develops. So far he and Pond both seem like a rehash of the previous doctor & associates and are a bit dull.

Bring back Tom and Leela!

But still developing my opinion 🙂
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 18:20
    The second half of the new season's going strong in my opinion. The Girl Who Waited was a great episode, even if I am a bit weary of the main plotline that's resurfaced in that episode and many more. Looking forward to the long-awaited The God Complex tonight!
  10. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    24 Sep '11 05:11
    "The God Complex" may be my favorite DW episode, ever. Again, that's only drawing from episodes from the new series, seasons two through six, but I still felt that good about it. It's well worth the $3 on iTunes for anyone who's interested in seeing it. More than anything, it's a really thought-provoking episode even out of the context of the season story-line. Good stuff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree