1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 09:11
    Recently, 'Country of the Blind' with Donald Sutherland was fairly horrific.
    Otherwise, 'The Wicker Man' is one I'll probably never tire of.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 10:23
    The Shining
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:16
    Event Horizon
    Blair Witch Project
    The Descent
    The Thing (haven't watched it in several years, don't know if it stood the test of time)
    Tale of Two Sisters
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 14:40
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Event Horizon
    Blair Witch Project
    The Descent
    The Thing (haven't watched it in several years, don't know if it stood the test of time)
    Tale of Two Sisters
    The first time I watched Event Horizon I found it really chilling, susequent viewings were tepid. Blair Witch on the other hand is creepy every time.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 14:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The first time I watched Event Horizon I found it really chilling, susequent viewings were tepid. Blair Witch on the other hand is creepy every time.
    I love horror movies, but they're not good for rewatching. The thrill is never there anymore, at least for me.

I left the theater after seing EH for the first time feeling somewhat disturbed (maybe uneasy is a better word). That a film can have that effect on me by itself deserves my recommendation.
  6. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 16:56
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I love horror movies, but they're not good for rewatching. The thrill is never there anymore, at least for me.

I left the theater after seing EH for the first time feeling somewhat disturbed (maybe uneasy is a better word). That a film can have that effect on me by itself deserves my recommendation.
    The Shining is one of the few horror movies I can watch multiple times. Other than that, I tend to agree. Most lose their thrill after the first viewing.
  7. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 17:26
    i saw a fairly freaky Belgian movie recently - The Ordeal. the blurb on the box says 'Misery' meets 'Deliverance', and for once, that's pretty accurate. and it's got a musical sequence that out-weirds the banjo scene from Deliverance.
  8. Joined
    05 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 22:32
    why no movie can make me frighten?!?!

but those i liked:

1.boogy man 3
    2.Saw 5
    3.Unborn
    4.Grudge 1.2.3

I really dont like those kind of movies that's all blood and killing !
    I'd rather those abt ghosts and these things !
  9. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '09 01:46
    Nosferatu, Psycho, The Shining, Silence of the Lambs, 28 Days Later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree