Allman Brothers- Live at Fillmore East
    Stones- Get Your Yer Ya-Yas Out
    Nirvana- MTV Unplugged
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 01:07
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Just out - for those who did not catch the leak - is Mogwai's first official live album Burning (they've allowed fans to plug midi-recorders in to the sound booth for a while, plenty on the Internet Archive, but this is the first official - and so properly mixed - live album). It's not as incendiary as their actual live shows, but it does seem to be a fu ...[text shortened]... One of my favourite bands of all time, and as reasonable an introduction as any, I suppose.
    Loudest band I ever saw in a regular sized venue - St.Albans City Hall - was Magazine in 1980. Barry Adamson's heavily chorused bass lines were churning my tummy for days after. Possibly my favourite 'new wave' band from that era. Their live album 'Play' is a worthy addition to the list this thread is creating.

I recall Killing Joke subjecting the lugholes to assault and battery at the same venue too. And U2 back when they only had one album. Maybe it was just a loud venue.

I don't quite know what Mogwai's Burning album is. I have the live "Special Moves" released this year. Is that it - with a different title (for a different country) perhaps?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 01:55
    This1 for our neighbour Morris who hung himself.

YouTube
  4. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 15:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Loudest band I ever saw in a regular sized venue - St.Albans City Hall - was Magazine in 1980. Barry Adamson's heavily chorused bass lines were churning my tummy for days after. Possibly my favourite 'new wave' band from that era. Their live album 'Play' is a worthy addition to the list this thread is creating.

I recall Killing Joke subjecting the lugholes t ...[text shortened]... eased this year. Is that it - with a different title (for a different country) perhaps?
    Aye, apologies - Burning is the live DVD (with a different track listing) and Special Moves the live album... They're also in the studio preparing anew album.
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 07:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Triggered by some comments on the Led Zep thread, here is an opportunity to list your favourite "live albums" - not including bootlegs or stealth concert recordings.
    'Shakti' by Shakti.

'Friday Night in San Francisco' by McGlaughlin, DiMeola, De Lucia.

'Live at the Burton Cummings Theatre', by The Weakerthans.

'Show' by The Cure.

'Live at Royal Albert Hall' by Bob Dylan.
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 10:35
    At the risk of being terminally uncool - Alchemy, Dire Straits.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '10 11:53
    Originally posted by bbarr
    'Shakti' by Shakti.

'Friday Night in San Francisco' by McGlaughlin, DiMeola, De Lucia.
    I agree about these two although if John McLaughlin is being mentioned then so should 'Between Nothingness and Eternity' (with Mahavishnu Orchestra) and the two mid-90s trio albums both with organist Joey DeFrancesco but with different drummers, 'Tokyo Live' and 'After The Rain'.
  8. Lawrence, Ks
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 00:55
    James Taylor Live
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 00:32
    I saw Blue Cheer late in their career in mot a large bar. Talk about loud.
  10. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 02:28
    Little Feat "Waiting for Columbus" .....not one bad song
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 20:27
    1. Frampton Comes Alive
    2. PULSE- Pink Floyd
    3. Song Remains the Same-Zep
    4. Waiting for Columbus- L. Feat
    5. Wings over America
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 12:58
    Thin Lizzy, Killers live EP, 'Are you ready Dublin!', pure awesomeness!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree