1. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 19:552 edits
    Fear[s] of the Dark (French: Peur[s] du noir) is a French black-and-white animated anthology film on the subject of fear written and directed by several acclaimed comic book creators and graphic designers - Blutch, Charles Burns, Marie Caillou, Pierre Di Sciullo, Lorenzo Mattotti, and Richard McGuire.

From a besotted student whose girlfriend is weirdly ardent in her affections, to a Japanese schoolgirl menaced by a long-dead samurai, and a pack of hounds on a bloodthirsty rampage, FEAR(S) has a story strand to trouble every sleep - not to mention a stunning range of animation styles. Shot in shimmering black and white, the six intertwined tales create an unprecedented epic where phobias and nightmares come to life and reveal Fear at its most naked and intense.

Anybody seen this yet? Apparently, it opened in France (and the UK) a couple weeks ago, and opens in the US tomorrow.

I definitely plan on seeing it.

http://www.ifcfilms.com/viewFilm.htm?filmId=856
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '08 20:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree