Free Jazz

Donationbuckky
Culture 30 Jan '09 17:38
  1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 17:38
    I enjoy some aspects of Free Jazz but for the most part it only makes me tense. Coltrane and some of the heavy weight guys back in the fiftys, and eary sixties could go totally insane, and almost drive you insane after a few hours. Free Jazz to me is the real jazz. Meaning it's almost all improvisation, based around some core or key. It's a cool Daddy O.
  2. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    06 Feb '09 17:24
    Originally posted by buckky
    I enjoy some aspects of Free Jazz but for the most part it only makes me tense. Coltrane and some of the heavy weight guys back in the fiftys, and eary sixties could go totally insane, and almost drive you insane after a few hours. Free Jazz to me is the real jazz. Meaning it's almost all improvisation, based around some core or key. It's a cool Daddy O.
    If it is based around a key, it can't be that free - surely they could make it a lot freer if they removed the last shackle of those repressive classicists....
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 00:29
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    If it is based around a key, it can't be that free - surely they could make it a lot freer if they removed the last shackle of those repressive classicists....
    Cecil Taylor, some Steve Lacy...yeah they still had a key to work with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree