1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 15:58
    A mini-series consisting on three free-standing, provocative dramas that offer takes on the current condition of the public domain in the U.K.

Anyone seen it?
  2. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 18:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    A mini-series consisting on three free-standing, provocative dramas that offer takes on the current condition of the public domain in the U.K.

Anyone seen it?
    Indeed - one of my TV highlights of 2011. It's the brainchild of Charlie Brooker (who I adore anyway, even if his Guardian columns have lost a bit of bite recently) and he wrote or co-wrote 2 of the 3 episodes. It was billed, probably because Brooker's name was attached to it, as 'dark comedy' but really I think 'dark drama' suits it better (even the first episode, which seems like it will be funny, just isn't, and isn't meant to be, I don't think). It's slightly more narrow than just 'current affairs', though - more a look at the current state of the media.

I really can't recommend it highly enough.

(If you're looking for more 'traditional' Brooker fare, Sky 1 - of all channels - will be airing his detective show spoof about one 'DCI Cloth' entitled, ahem, 'A Touch of Cloth', in the near future.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree