1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '15 23:46
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    This is the first time I've ever played an RPG and I don't know a lot about the genre.

But from what I've read these games are head and shoulders above various other RPGs. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin.

Dark Souls 1 is also very good, but I don't think you can play it on steam anymore. Not sure though.
    I played the hell out of Diablo and Diablo 2 (didn't get Diablo 3). How do these compare to the two you speak of? Similar play? I suppose I should just watch your videos.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '15 23:49
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    No, I'm on PS4.
    Have you played DC Universe Online?

I play the PC version sometimes, when I need a 'superhero' fix.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 May '15 10:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I played the hell out of Diablo and Diablo 2 (didn't get Diablo 3). How do these compare to the two you speak of? Similar play? I suppose I should just watch your videos.
    I have never played Diablo but from I can see it's completely different. Personally, I've never liked the top down view as it is in those games. But really, I can't compare the two seeing how I've never played Diablo.

I guess Dark Souls 1 (Prepare to Die edition, this includes the DLCs) should be fairly cheap by now, so I would recommend trying it. The multiplayer of that game won't be very active of course, so for that you'd have to get DS 2. But I'd recommend DS 1 as a starter game.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 May '15 10:56
    Have you played DC Universe Online?

I play the PC version sometimes, when I need a 'superhero' fix.
    No, over the past year and a half I've only played DS 1, 2 and Bloodborne. I am looking forward to the final Batman installment though.

Before that it was Red Dead Redemption (GTA, but in the wild west, and IMO better than GTA) and the new Tomb Raider and the Batman games. And Assassin's Creed, but I gave up on that franchise because the quality was dropping like crazy.

I don't play many different games, but the ones that I play I play intensely.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 May '15 19:05
    I played the hell out of Diablo
    I see what you did there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree