1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 May '09 01:21
    Composition, to continue the title, a great composer and guitarist, if you haven't had the pleasure of hearing of him, take a listen to his own work here:
    YouTube&feature=related
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 May '09 01:30
    YouTube&feature=PlayList&p=55E8FAF783FD9636&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

I think this is one of his most widely recorded pieces.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '09 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ki1aDusuk&feature=PlayList&p=55E8FAF783FD9636&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

I think this is one of his most widely recorded pieces.
    A new guitarist for me, thanks! I just found this Julian Bream piece, the 'Grand Solo' of Fernando Sor, just to show you how its supposed to be done! He is one of the greatest guitarists of the 20th and now the 21st century, also a lute virtuoso:
    YouTube&feature=PlayList&p=55E8FAF783FD9636&index=40

BTW, I found this Julian and John (John Williams, the other great Segovia student) with this Manuel De Falla "Spanish Dance #1" a great guitar duo composition, recorded outdoors, you can hear birds singing and such. The original however, was an even greater version by the magical duo of Ida Presti and Alexander Lagoya. This version by Julian and John is certainly one of the best but the back and forth dynamics of a married duo virtuoso as Ida and Alex were positively will not be bettered, ever, in my opinion. If you ever find the original vinyl, buy it, you will be blown away, the most incredible guitar duet bar none of the 20th and 21st century! Which is not to say the julian and john version is not great in itself, totally flawless, not a bad note in the whole piece but you can tell when a virtuoso husband and wife team like Ida and Alex played, they were like one mind in a joyous fusion of music on guitar at its absolute best! Anyway for the second best version, here is Julian and John:
    YouTube&NR=1

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree