1. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 09:46
    Originally posted by leestatic
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, by far the best game ever made.
    Great game all right but nowhere near the best game ever, the dungions and trekking between towns can get tedious, slightly preferred Fallout 3 as well.

Greatest game ever is between Final fantasy 7, the original Metal gear Solid or Resident Evil 4
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 22:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You can defend quite easily against swordsmen by using axemen, even without city walls. Catapults aren't so much of a threat, trebuchets are but they too can be countered using mounted units.
    Graphics are good. You do have to study the matchups sucha s you've pointed out. I've yet played a contest where nukes were put into play. I mod out some victory scenarios to keep it aggessive.

But Civ I had Mech Infantry, War Walker (I think that was it's name) and underground sea tunnels.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Jun '10 02:57
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Great game all right but nowhere near the best game ever, the dungions and trekking between towns can get tedious, slightly preferred Fallout 3 as well.

Greatest game ever is between Final fantasy 7, the original Metal gear Solid or Resident Evil 4
    Yeah, the dungeons all felt the same within a few major styles. That's the sort of detail I was talking about. I remember meeting my first Necromancer and wanting to befriend him but he's labelled "bad guy" so I couldn't. Even with magic charms they had nothing interesting to say.
  4. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 21:10
    Originally posted by Jamesqt

Can't believe i forgot about the Final Fantasy's VII, VIII, and in my opinion the slightly better X, the first time summoning Anima amazing.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 21:49
    Originally posted by leestatic
    Can't believe i forgot about the Final Fantasy's VII, VIII, and in my opinion the slightly better X, the first time summoning Anima amazing.
    I only played one FF, in which the players are part of some organization named SEED and the main character has a gun-sword.

Beautiful graphics and storyline. TERRIBLE game.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Jun '10 04:26
    We gotta give it up for Street Fighter II while we're on this subject.
  7. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 15:45
    Oblivion
    It was a great game and seems to be in the category of "games I never uninstall", but it's just not the greatEST game. The main problem is exactly as joneschr wrote on the previous page. The enemies in the game are all around the same level as you so I never for one moment hesitated to get into a fight because I would never lose. It's only those Imperial Guards who are on like level 50 and you have to wait a bit before you go mental on them. Skills like Speechcraft and Security were ridiculously boring chores to improve. But it was still a good game. I spent hours making mods and exploring.

Fallout 3
    Potentially decent game let down by a ridiculous combat system.

In the realm of FPS games we have:

Half Life 2.
    Perfect candidate for the greatest game ever. I can't complain about this game.

Crysis
    Meh.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    Buggy as hell, yet still more atmospheric and more fun to play than Half Life 2. My greatest game thus far.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Gets the award for the most fun multiplayer FPS.

And then strategy games...

Rome: Total War
    Best single player turn based strategy game since XCom:TFTD.

Company of Heroes
    Excellent single player campaign and the multiplayer was outstanding. I'm not sure how it's playing nowadays because I haven't logged on to Relic's servs in a while.

STAR CRAFT
    Cannot be denied! Brilliant!!

Other great games worth mentioning:
    Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil 4, Psychonauts, Anno 1404.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 17:011 edit
    I'd like to add Thief and Dune 2 to that list, carry on. Oh and Left4Dead2 is better than the first one.
  9. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 20:22
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I'd like to add Thief and Dune 2 to that list, carry on. Oh and Left4Dead2 is better than the first one.
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a scathing indictment on the credibility of Valve, and an exposé of their naked profiteering and disloyalty to their customers. Being released only 1 year after Left 4 Dead it should have all been a free DLC.
  10. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 21:32
    anyone ever played conflict on nintendo entertainment system
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 21:391 edit
    Mike Tyson's Punch Out

I like the arcade Punch Out's look better, but it didn't succeed like the NES one did.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jun '10 21:401 edit
    DOOM

Zork
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Jun '10 04:17
    Everquest was the first big MMORPG...

One of the most fun games I've ever played was Pool of Radiance.
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 00:06
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a scathing indictment on the credibility of Valve, and an exposé of their naked profiteering and disloyalty to their customers. Being released only 1 year after Left 4 Dead it should have all been a free DLC.
    Nonsense. As someone that has played more than 150 hrs on both games as well as mapped and modded them, I can confidently say that whilst the 'Crash Course' DLC should have arrived significantly before L4D2, the quality of the second game and the increased attention to the modding content provided with it, raise it way above the level of a DLC package. That small segment of the community that are clinging to some notion that valve have screwed them are just whinging fan-boys who need to stop expecting everything to be done how they like it and for free, and realise that the second game is not only better, but worth the money too.
  15. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 05:08
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Nonsense. As someone that has played more than 150 hrs on both games as well as mapped and modded them, I can confidently say that whilst the 'Crash Course' DLC should have arrived significantly before L4D2, the quality of the second game and the increased attention to the modding content provided with it, raise it way above the level of a DLC package. Tha ...[text shortened]... it and for free, and realise that the second game is not only better, but worth the money too.
    The same game + a mediocre total of 3 new half baked special infected + some new maps. Oh, and swords. yaaay... I would totally spend money on that.

Why spend 150 hours on a game that gets repetitive after less than 2 hours anyway? Seems like your teh big fanboy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree