1. Illinois
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 02:34
    "Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you."

[Guess and post your own]
  2. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 21:29
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    "Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge. Don't push me, and I won't push you."

Hitch>?

1. "Ugh Idiot"
    2. "RUN FORREST RUN!"
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 23:03

Serenity.

"Death is a disease, it's like any other. And there's a cure."
  4. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 22:06
    Originally posted by Mimor
    Serenity.

Ghost Rider - Nailed it.
  5. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 22:10
    "Well than I guess we are gonna miss the good old days, When people were killed by other people."

"What are you doing in my house?"
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 23:51
    Originally posted by Rapidfyre
    Ghost Rider - Nailed it.
    Nope.
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 03:56
    Serenity.

Is it, The Fountain? That was a decent show. Pretty good acting, but the story was kind of corny. I liked Sunshine a bit better. Equally implausible, but less melodramatic.

How about this one:

"The man likes to play chess; let's get him some rocks."

Extra kudos if you know the name of the character who said it, too.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 04:41
    Is it, The Fountain? That was a decent show. Pretty good acting, but the story was kind of corny. I liked Sunshine a bit better. Equally implausible, but less melodramatic.

How about this one:

Searching For Bobby Fisher?
  9. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 04:48
    Excellent!

"The Fountain"

Go rent this movie, people.
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 05:142 edits

How about this one:

You got it! 🙂 I didn't think it was particularly corny because to me it was allegorical.

I particularly liked the quote I used because it shows how arrogant we are in viewing death as a failure of science rather than a natural, inevitable thing. There seems to be a feeling that the right breakthrough in medicine or technology will allow us to finally conquer death.

I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (that's what you meant, right?) but it's on my list.
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 08:17
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Searching For Bobby Fisher?
    Good movie, but nope.
  12. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 08:23
    You got it! 🙂 I didn't think it was particularly corny because to me it was allegorical.

I particularly liked the quote I used because it shows how arrogant we are in viewing death as a failure of science rather than a natural, inevitable thing. There seems to be a feeling that the right breakthrough in medicine or technology will allow us to finally con ...[text shortened]... ernal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind[/i] (that's what you meant, right?) but it's on my list.
    Sunshine came out in the theaters around the same time as The Fountain did, I think. I seem to remember seeing both within the same week. Sunshine is about this group of scientists who have to travel to the Sun in order to re-light it somehow. Neat show.
  13. Palmerston North
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 08:312 edits

How about this one:

That is "Shawshank Redemption", the line was said by "Red" (Ellis Redding). I think it was after Andy was discussing a deal with Captain Hadley about his gained money. And Andy offered to help Hadley, if his "co-workers" received beer. Later on Andy is beaten by the sisters; Red and company felt sorry and decided to get rocks so when Andy returned he could finish a chess set.

I think this is wrong. I did this for film study last year - so don't call me a freak. 😛

Here is one:
    "My Massacre at Paris is complete."
  14. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 09:07
    Originally posted by Knight Square
    That is "[b]Shawshank Redemption", the line was said by "Red" (Ellis Redding). I think it was after Andy was discussing a deal with Captain Hadley about his gained money. And Andy offered to help Hadley, if his "co-workers" received beer. Later on Andy is beaten by the sisters; Red and company felt sorry and decided to get rocks so when Andy ...[text shortened]... ear - so don't call me a freak. 😛

Here is one:
    "My Massacre at Paris is complete."[/b]
    Nice! Well done! Kudos to you!

I'll take a stab at yours. Is it, V for Vendetta? I doubt that's it... Or that French chainsaw movie, the title of which escapes me... I doubt that's it either though...

I, for one, am stumped.
  15. in complete
    Moves
    23 Mar '08 09:47
    Originally posted by Knight Square
    That is "[b]Shawshank Redemption", the line was said by "Red" (Ellis Redding). I think it was after Andy was discussing a deal with Captain Hadley about his gained money. And Andy offered to help Hadley, if his "co-workers" received beer. Later on Andy is beaten by the sisters; Red and company felt sorry and decided to get rocks so when Andy ...[text shortened]... ear - so don't call me a freak. 😛

Here is one:
    "My Massacre at Paris is complete."[/b]
    Shakespeare in Love

How about: "A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree