1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    11 Feb '12 20:03
    Arizona was annexed 100 years ago. Not sure on what date it happened though.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '12 12:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Is that culture? Seems like history to me, even if it is recent history.

Man, it keeps surprising me. I know your country is young, but I'm always surprised when I realise how young. 1912... and it wasn't quite finished. Over here, that's yesterday.

Richard
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    17 Feb '12 00:43
    Feb 14. I live in Az and work for the State DES.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Feb '12 19:03
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Department of Emotional Security?
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Feb '12 04:27
    Small wonder the state is suffering from dementia now.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 02:29
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Small wonder the state is suffering from dementia now.
    Well they love cattle there, ever hear of Pinnacle Peak Patio? They worship cattle there. Yes, they are waiting for the

Bisontennial....
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 15:28
    Valentine's Day? Hah.
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 21:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes. Been there for 20 years.
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 21:57
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Feb '12 15:561 edit
    It's so good there you had to say it twice!

Where is Arizona do you live? Phoenix? We lived in Scottsdale for 3 years, worked for awhile for DOT, fixing traffic lights and solar powered street signs on a huge area from Tuscon to the Mexican border. We also played old timey music, had a band called The Sugarloaf Mountain String Band.
  11. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 16:09
    It's so good there you had to say it twice!

Where is Arizona do you live? Phoenix? We lived in Scottsdale for 3 years, worked for awhile for DOT, fixing traffic lights and solar powered street signs on a huge area from Tuscon to the Mexican border. We also played old timey music, had a band called The Sugarloaf Mountain String Band.
    I live in "old Town Scottsdale." A couple of blocks from where the SF Giants play spring ball.

The music scene is so so around here, although we do get a few retired jazz musicians that play around town.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '12 17:07
    I live in "old Town Scottsdale." A couple of blocks from where the SF Giants play spring ball.

The music scene is so so around here, although we do get a few retired jazz musicians that play around town.
    We lived near 'hole in the rock', in the housing development on the east side of the rock, there used to be a shopping mall there, Los Arcos Mall, I think it might be gone by now, we lived right next to a middle school, our kids would walk one block to school. You know "Hole in the Rock'? You can climb up to it and look through to Phoenix? McArthur road goes right by it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/FvnH5hw4halHa_8dKylMeA?select=rcefOQVd9opJ0qwmC8tAJQ
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 00:41
    We lived near 'hole in the rock', in the housing development on the east side of the rock, there used to be a shopping mall there, Los Arcos Mall, I think it might be gone by now, we lived right next to a middle school, our kids would walk one block to school. You know "Hole in the Rock'? You can climb up to it and look through to Phoenix? McArthur road ...[text shortened]... y it.

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/FvnH5hw4halHa_8dKylMeA?select=rcefOQVd9opJ0qwmC8tAJQ
    Absolutely. I take my grandchildren there on occasion. No twisted ankles so far. Los Arcos has been replaced by an ASU venture.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 03:092 edits
    Absolutely. I take my grandchildren there on occasion. No twisted ankles so far. Los Arcos has been replaced by an ASU venture.
    Once I got about halfway up with my motorcycle🙂

Is the Kerr cultural center still there? My wife and I played a few concerts there.

Also, do you ever go to eat at Pinnacle Peak Patio? I guess it's still there.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 17:36

Wow, I live a mile or so north of Phoenix Muni, where the A's play, on the other side of Papago Park. Small world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree