1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 17:38
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Small wonder the state is suffering from dementia now.
    Yeah, I guess it'll only be another 100 years or so until we get a governor who's not a complete fool.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 04:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, I guess it'll only be another 100 years or so until we get a governor who's not a complete fool.
    Surely you jest.....
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 01:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Once I got about halfway up with my motorcycle🙂

Is the Kerr cultural center still there? My wife and I played a few concerts there.

Also, do you ever go to eat at Pinnacle Peak Patio? I guess it's still there.
    The Kerr is still around. Love the vibe there. I'll see a jazz show there now and then. Leo Kottke was going to play there last year but cancelled...nuts.

Haven't ate at the Pinnacle but I've heard a lot of good things about it.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 03:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Surely you jest.....
    For a long time I figured that, when the opportunity arose, I would move to Arizona and settle down there. Tucson, maybe. The desert is a part of my soul.

Now I'm thinking New Mexico. Because Arizona seems to be getting taken over by the American Taliban.
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 22:30
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    For a long time I figured that, when the opportunity arose, I would move to Arizona and settle down there. Tucson, maybe. The desert is a part of my soul.

Now I'm thinking New Mexico. Because Arizona seems to be getting taken over by the American Taliban.
    Tucson is a progressive city. The rest of the State..maybe Tempe is ok. It is true that wherever I go I hear birther talk and other tea party type discussions...I just try to close my ears as I can't argue with everybody. Deal is I moved here in 1988 and my kids and grandkids are all still here in Scottsdale. I'm deeply rooted so I stay.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 13:57
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Tucson is a progressive city. The rest of the State..maybe Tempe is ok. It is true that wherever I go I hear birther talk and other tea party type discussions...I just try to close my ears as I can't argue with everybody. Deal is I moved here in 1988 and my kids and grandkids are all still here in Scottsdale. I'm deeply rooted so I stay.
    We got out in '83, still have grandkids in Phoenix. We lived in Scottsdale.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree