Hawkwind

Standard memberznsho
Culture 22 Aug '08 15:20
  1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 15:20
    The first LP is by far the best and a masterpiece. In Search of Space is good except for You Shouldn't Do That. After these first two, it was a bumpy downhill all the way.
  2. Big D
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 18:01
    Originally posted by znsho
    The first LP is by far the best and a masterpiece. In Search of Space is good except for You Shouldn't Do That. After these first two, it was a bumpy downhill all the way.
    They were a little before my time, however, I know that the British Sci-Fi author, Michael Moorecock (Elric series) was really into them. Do you know about his affiliation with the band?
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 18:04
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    They were a little before my time, however, I know that the British Sci-Fi author, Michael Moorecock (Elric series) was really into them. Do you know about his affiliation with the band?
    That's my point. He came in much later. The first LP is by far the best, without science fiction writers.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 18:23
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    I'm not sure the Elric books count as "Science" Fiction. They're medieval fantasy.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 08:40
    Originally posted by znsho
    I'll have to listen to it since my not very favourable impressions are based on later Hawkwind.

Didn't Motorhead come from Hawkwind? Another Moorcock connection -- Lemmy appears in his book 'The Entropy Tango'.

Moorcock also wrote songs for the Blue Oyster Cult -- but have you heard his band The Deep Fix? I'm not quite sure about it, but I've only listened to it twice.

Elric is pure swords-and-sorcery, but it does link in with Moorcock's 'science fiction' in ways that are too complicated to go into here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree