1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 14:52
    I loved, I mean LOVED HBO's "Rome" and Showtime's "The Tudors." Perhaps my two favorite TV series of all time.

I'm not a huge TV guy so I don't know much about what else is out there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for similar series in this genre and of that level quality that have been on? Personally, I don't know if any, but does anyone know if there are any others?

Thanks.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 20:16
    Originally posted by sh76
    I loved, I mean LOVED HBO's "Rome" and Showtime's "The Tudors." Perhaps my two favorite TV series of all time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for similar series in this genre and of that level quality that have been on? Personally, I don't know if any, but does anyone know if there are any others?

Thanks.
    HBO's series, "John Adams" was excellent. Don't know if they ever re-run it.
  3. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 20:23
    I wish I had never seen "I Claudius" so I could watch it again for the first time.
  4. Arizona
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 04:02
    HBO's deadwood
  5. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 13:00

Thanks.
    My wife and I watched "Pillars of the Earth" a couple of months ago. Do you have Netflix? And the ability to stream video?
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 22:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    HBO's series, "John Adams" was excellent. Don't know if they ever re-run it.
    Twas very good.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 01:27
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    My wife and I watched "Pillars of the Earth" a couple of months ago. Do you have Netflix? And the ability to stream video?
    Yes, I have Netflix and Pillars of the Earth was also recommended by someone else and is on my list.

I'll look into the others as well. Thanks for the input.
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    24 Oct '10 01:42
    Yes, I have Netflix and Pillars of the Earth was also recommended by someone else and is on my list.

I'll look into the others as well. Thanks for the input.
    I read the Follett books. Good historical fiction.
  9. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 12:42
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    I wish I had never seen "I Claudius" so I could watch it again for the first time.
    Ah, that's excellent. Very stagey, but great fun. I actually saw it for the first time a few months ago - was bought the box set.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 20:31
    I haven't seen it yet but perhaps Boardwalk Empire?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree