1. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 02:54
    I will never understand the Whitney Houstons, the Karen Carpenters, The Janis Joplins, The Jim Morrisons, The Amy Whinehouses, of the world.....who chose to take their lives so early while possessing a tremendous gift of voice, I simply cannot understand why they chose to end it so early. In this particular Super Bowl, the Giants won this on the last play of te game, a missed 46, 48 yard field goal. Super Bowls come, super bowls go, but I will always remember this one due to Ms. Houston's singing a song that is just about impossible to sing well. Although it was pantomimed at game time, this is still the best studio recording I have ever heard of this anthem
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 15:07
    Originally posted by mudpie
    I will never understand the Whitney Houstons, the Karen Carpenters, The Janis Joplins, The Jim Morrisons, The Amy Whinehouses, of the world.....who chose to take their lives so early while possessing a tremendous gift of voice, I simply cannot understand why they chose to end it so early. In this particular Super Bowl, the Giants won this on the last play of ...[text shortened]... ntomimed at game time, this is still the best studio recording I have ever heard of this anthem
    With great talent seemingly comes great emotional disturbance. Combine this with an era in which life is cheap and bingo, suicidal tendencies get acted upon where they weren't in the past. To wit Beethoven's despondency over his deafness and unrequited love, both expressed in the Heiligenstadt testament and letters to the Immortal Beloved. Beethoven did not kill himself despite being just as nuts as Whitney Houston and the others!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree