1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '13 15:53
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    would or do you keep your partners music collection mixed with your own?
    No. My interest and appetite for music is not matched by that of my partner. While I have maybe 5,000 CDs and 30,000 more albums/recordings in other formats stashed on several large HDs, my spouse doesn't really have a 'collection' as such. There may be 100 of those CDs that were bought over a 20 year period by my partner... who nowadays consumes music mostly via YouTube clips.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 01:46
    I liked the Magazine album "Magic, Murder and the Weather (1981)" but I've never met anyone else who rates it and it was panned by the critics as their worst album by far.

I wonder if there are any other threads I could mention this on.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 12:26
    It pains me to admit I like gas station Chimichangas, especially gas station at SE corner of exit 73 off I-25 in Colorado where they also have rootbeer float rootbeer off the self serve soda counter!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 16:582 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What music album(s) [encountered in adulthood, not childhood] do you like to this day... but, either [i] it kind of embarrasses you to admit to liking it [or sticks out like a sore thumb amongst your regular tastes & passions], or [ii] it may be a hit with you, but it was panned by the critics and/or was a commercial failure?
    [/i]Not that it "pains" me, but an album that I find utterly charming is Big Joe Turner's "The Midnight Special" - especially the original "A" side which consists largely of non-blues songs such as "I Left My Heart in San Francisco".

Years ago, the one review that I came across of the album largely panned it. This thread prompted me to look for more reviews which, as it turns out, largely weren't so negative. As an additional bonus, reading those reviews solved a mystery for me. The album features some nice sax work, but neither the album nor the original CD issue listed a sax player. As it turned out, the sax player was Curtis Peagler whom I had enjoyed seeing perform numerous times in the late 80s and early 90s.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree