1. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 17:41
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Do we sod punctuation, and put commas where fullstops, periods to you, should be; as all the previous writers have?

Please tell me.
    No, make a real sentence.

If you feel others writers don't, make your opinion known by voting at the end of the month.
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 17:48
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Do we sod punctuation, and put commas where fullstops, periods to you, should be; as all the previous writers have?

Please tell me.
    Only two of those previous writers had those errors; the rest were correct. A comma comes after a clause or phrase, not a period/fullstop.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I thought we were playing a fun game. 🙁
    So do mimes.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 18:42
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for a mime conference, but he was worried about its carbon footprint.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 19:191 edit
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to raise the dead; the difficulty of getting an au pair to even come in for an interview, let alone the logistical and social challenges of home schooling in such an isolated environment, subsequently bore out his grave misgivings.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 19:26
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to work during the summer given the awful pay and inherent creepiness.

(True Story -- extra marks?)
  7. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 19:42
    Just a reminder..."Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you."
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 19:45
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Just a reminder..."Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more than one I'll take the first one unless otherwise specified by you."
    I assumed anything posted here would not be a real entry unless sent in a PM and specified that way. Mine was just a joke.
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 03:06
    Finish the sentence in [b]50 words or less (not including the words I give you).

He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for/to ...

You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is July 17, 2010.
    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more tha ...[text shortened]... one unless otherwise specified by you.

The winner will have a chance to win a subscription![/b]
    hmmm...my first initial response would surely be modded. I wonder if there would be allowances for creative latitude etc...?
  10. weedhopper
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 03:16
    Finish the sentence in [b]50 words or less (not including the words I give you).

He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for/to ...

You may either PM me your entry or post it here. Deadline is July 17, 2010.
    Non-sentences will be disqualified.
    Only one sentence per person please, if you send/post more tha ...[text shortened]... one unless otherwise specified by you.

The winner will have a chance to win a subscription![/b]
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for the new housing development, but the property was cheap, the condos would bring in millions from suburbanintes looking for a safe neighborhood, and no one would ever know that Indians used to be buried in their front yards, right?
  11. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 05:321 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I assumed anything posted here would not be a real entry unless sent in a PM and specified that way. Mine was just a joke.
    In the initial post I said one can either PM it or post it here...(mostly because some people seem to have a real difficulty figuring out how PMs work.)
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 07:11
    In the initial post I said one can either PM it or post it here...(mostly because some people seem to have a real difficulty figuring out how PMs work.)
    Some people have real difficulty in figuring out how sentences work...
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 09:22
    Does anyone really care about the competition?

I thought it was about having a bit of fun.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 10:27
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to have the medieval fair, but when I rebuked him with a cold hard stare and pointed reproachfully at the slogan on my company teeshirt -- 'Just Do It With Zombies' -- he caved in, grinning in appreciative sheepish derangement.
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 15:531 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Does anyone really care about the competition?

I thought it was about having a bit of fun.
    It is!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree