1. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 18:55
    'He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for novel-writing but "a Saturday afternoon in November was approaching the time of twilight, and the vast tract of unenclosed wild known as Egdon Heath embrowned itself moment by moment."' 😵
  2. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 20:01
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    'He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place for novel-writing but "a Saturday afternoon in November was approaching the time of twilight, and the vast tract of unenclosed wild known as Egdon Heath embrowned itself moment by moment."' 😵
    Where in the rules does it say you can use smileys? Are you trying to not-so-subtly influence the esteemed judges? Does that count as another sentence?

God, the depths some people will stoop to....
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 22:50
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Where in the rules does it say you can use smileys? Are you trying to not-so-subtly influence the esteemed judges? Does that count as another sentence?

But you don't mind that I sent her roses and a box of chocolates, right? As long as I didn't include a smiley?
  4. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 23:51
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    But you don't mind that I sent her roses and a box of chocolates, right? As long as I didn't include a smiley?
    Cheapskate. I would send her a diamond necklace if I thought it would do my chances of success any good in this competition. But our esteemed judges here are the plebeians who wash up on the shore of this forum, and we all know how easily their opinions are swayed by cheap tricks, like gratuitous smileys and vulgar innuendo.
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 00:41
    Cheapskate. I would send her a diamond necklace if I thought it would do my chances of success any good in this competition. But our esteemed judges here are the plebeians who wash up on the shore of this forum, and we all know how easily their opinions are swayed by cheap tricks, like gratuitous smileys and vulgar innuendo.
    ... and beer. Seriously. Lots of votes can be bought with beer -- cheap 6-packs for Yanks and some sort of brown ale for the folks overseas.
  6. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 02:151 edit

I'm not competing: YouTube 😵
  7. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 03:17
    I'm not competing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPZ5CY9KoM 😵
    Gratuitous smiley, vulgar innuendo and plagiarism. Poisoned by the venomous rantings of Monty Python, led astray into the sexual wastelands of Thomas Hardy, and far too much time spent alone diddling yourself silly, I shouldn't wonder. Some neglectful parent spared the rod and ruined the child.

But at least you've been outed now and I won't have to worry about that "embrowned" business when it comes to the vote.
  8. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 04:48

I wasn't going to include the smiley when I presented all the sentences for a vote...I'm tempted to do it now though, just for the lulz.
  9. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 08:43
    Gratuitous smiley, vulgar innuendo [b]and plagiarism. Poisoned by the venomous rantings of Monty Python, led astray into the sexual wastelands of Thomas Hardy, and far too much time spent alone diddling yourself silly, I shouldn't wonder. Some neglectful parent spared the rod and ruined the child.

But at least you've been outed now and I won't have to worry about that "embrowned" business when it comes to the vote.[/b]
    "Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!"
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 13:51
    "Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!"
    Aye, but you were LUCKY!
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 01:59
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Does anyone really care about the competition?

I thought it was about having a bit of fun.
    Yeah dude! I want that subscription!!
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 14:39
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to apply pressure, and put 'Born in 1954' on her ass.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 14:10
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to have the medieval fair, but when I rebuked him with a cold hard stare and pointed reproachfully at the slogan on my company teeshirt -- 'Just Do It With Zombies' -- he caved in, grinning in appreciative sheepish derangement.
    Very nice!
  14. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 15:53
    Last day alert.
  15. Standard memberJedStuart
    Elephant Cobbler
    Popsicle Swamp
    Moves
    16 Jul '10 18:21
    He wasn't sure that the graveyard was really the best place to make a phone call, because it was a dead zone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree