1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 05:21
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    ChessPrat, you voted for your own entry.
    That's despicable. How could anyone vote for their own entry? What kind of competition is this?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 11:36
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Surely not! I'm only voting because I'm not participating, and I didn't vote (for myself or anyone else) last month when I did enter...
    0 points for you! đŸ˜”

Seriously, explain it slowly to Gatecrasher and maybe he'll understand.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 11:41
    Trouble is voting patterns indicate no writers vote and you're left holding a damp squid.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 11:471 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Trouble is voting patterns indicate no writers vote and you're left holding a damp squid.
    I couldn't care less about who wins or whether the voting is decided by three or four posters. What I don't like is insinuations that I'm a cheat and I didn't vote to not give points to others.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 12:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I couldn't care less about who wins or whether the voting is decided by three or four posters. What I don't like is insinuations that I'm a cheat and I didn't vote to not give points to others.
    Cheating by not voting is a new one to me.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 12:58
    'RHP General Forum Sandbox Mentality Redux' answers all of the understandably irrate member/poster questions.

7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:08
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Cheating by not voting is a new one to me.
    For me too.

But apparently not voting is grounds for exclusion in Gatecrasher's mind. Can you take a guess as to why he thinks it's grounds for exclusion?
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:111 edit
    For me too.

But apparently not voting is grounds for exclusion in Gatecrasher's mind. Can you take a guess as to why he thinks it's grounds for exclusion?
    I can. You can't vote for yourself, and did not want to give 3 others votes against your contribution?

Is that it? What do I win?

I don't see where GC called it cheating... did I miss a post? I wouldn't call it cheating, but would say you should have voted. He's welcome to his opinion about you not voting, that's all it is... an opinion.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:12
    For me too.

My guess... community event spirit and full participation.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:12
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I can. You can't vote for yourself, and did not want to give 3 others votes against your contribution?

There you go. Phlab, have a cookie.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:141 edit
    There you go. Phlab, have a Fresh Grilled Sardine!
    See my edit.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:141 edit

Praise!
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:22

I don't see where GC called it cheating... did I miss a post? I wouldn't call it cheating, but would say you should have voted. He's welcome to his opinion about you not voting, that's all it is... an opinion.
    You didn't miss a post, but you missed giving it a bit more thought.

Why does he call for the exclusion of non-voters?
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 13:54
    You didn't miss a post, but you missed giving it a bit more thought.

Why does he call for the exclusion of non-voters?
    It's just his opinion... 3 other sentences would each have one more vote than they got. I don't know if it affects anything, but that's his view.

When I join these competitions, I try my best to vote for what I feel is the best. I don't really agree with GC, but he's welcome to say what he said. If it were said about me, I'd not give a damn.

Question: Why are you so bothered, and why did you take the leap to "Cheating"?
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 14:05
    It's just his opinion... 3 other sentences would each have one more vote than they got. I don't know if it affects anything, but that's his view.

When I join these competitions, I try my best to vote for what I feel is the best. I don't really agree with GC, but he's welcome to say what he said. If it were said about me, I'd not give a damn.

Question: Why are you so bothered, and why did you take the leap to "Cheating"?
    I don't take any leap. He posted that non-voters should be excluded. On what grounds do you think he means if not cheating?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree