1. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:12
    Love 'em. I'm a fan of the newer stuff over the older stuff, though. Anybody hate them now because they're writing better songs? 😉
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:26
    Originally posted by PBE6
    Love 'em. I'm a fan of the newer stuff over the older stuff, though. Anybody hate them now because they're writing better songs? 😉
    [Unless you're being sarcstic] Personally I liked them when they were four unshaven hicks with a little honesty in their music. Now they're coiffured, style-managed pop-rockers. Not sure how their songs are better to be honest... [/Sarcasm shield]
  3. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:361 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    [Unless you're being sarcstic] Personally I liked them when they were four unshaven hicks with a little honesty in their music. Now they're coiffured, style-managed pop-rockers. Not sure how their songs are better to be honest... [/Sarcasm shield]
    No sarcasm here, I actually like their new stuff better. I just knew I would have to weather crap-storm if I said so.

From your comment, you consider them now to be "coiffured, style-managed pop-rockers" with no "honesty in their music". Just out of curiosity, is there anyone in the music business you like despite their coiffured style-management because you think they retain their honesty?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:41
    I used to hate them, now I'm slightly adjusted to their style due to listening to their tunes on the radio.
  5. Standard memberlovebonovox
    Chasing the moon
    Right out of the sky
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:41
    Love them as well, but I love their new & older stuff equally.

Funny thing is, when I saw them open for U2 in 2005, I couldn't stand them. Bad acoustics made them sound like noise makers. It took some time, but they eventually grew on me.
    'On Call' was the turning point.
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 20:42
    No sarcasm here, I actually like their new stuff better. I just knew I would have to weather crap-storm if I said so.

From your comment, you consider them now to be "coiffured, style-managed pop-rockers" with no "honesty in their music". Just out of curiosity, is there anyone in the music business you like despite their coiffured style-management because you think they retain their honesty?
    kraftwerk
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 21:54

It's not that I can't accept a little stylistic touch here and there, but they've been pretty much slapped with industry handbook. From songs like 'Trani' which have that raw, rough edged feel and lyrics which are rooted in their world, to 'Sex on Fire' which is, well, I'm not even sure what to say about it. From beards and almost shy arrogance to designer clothes and snazzy hairdos. They've just lost me I guess.
  8. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 23:05
    I tried to like them. It just never took.
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 06:16
    Who?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 08:54
    Originally posted by Starrman
    'Sex on Fire'
    The horror...the horror...
  11. Germany
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 08:58
    I used to detest them and now I still do. Anyone who likes Kings of Leon should get their buttocks into music history ASAP and find out what vastly superior music Kings of Leon are ripping off.
  12. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 14:12
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I used to detest them and now I still do. Anyone who likes Kings of Leon should get their buttocks into music history ASAP and find out what vastly superior music Kings of Leon are ripping off.
    Now that's interesting...I've never heard this claim before. Who would you say Kings of Leon ripped off?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 18:531 edit
    Now that's interesting...I've never heard this claim before. Who would you say Kings of Leon ripped off?
    they sound like some 80's british pop rock band....but turns out they are just from Hicktown, USA
  14. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 20:16
    I like 'em a little. My friend made me listen to them. That dude has a sexy voice.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    13 Sep '09 20:40
    How many postpunk bands have you listened to?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree