Everybody knows that you've been faitful
    Give or take a night or two
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 15:27
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Bloody brilliant.
    Aren't you always hassling people to elaborate? Well, not it's come back to ya, partner. Tell us more...
  4. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 15:44
    Bloody brilliant.

Just thought I'd share it.
    Curse you. He played just down the street from me about three weeks ago, and I couldn't get tickets. Then, to make things worse, the most pompous [word that would be moderated] I know met him.
  5. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 00:07
    Bloody brilliant.

Just thought I'd share it.
    His voice is so sexy. 😀
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 01:431 edit
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    His voice is so sexy. 😀
    Interesting. Did not know the 70 yo set could be sexy🙂
    I heard an interview with Judy Collins who was big when he was unknown, found him or vice versa, and she invited him to sing 'Suzanne' onstage with her. She said she had to literally yank him by the arm and get him onstage he was so nervous! He finally calmed down and they sang a duet of the song to thunderous applause.
  7. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 04:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I heard an interview with Judy Collins who was big when he was unknown, found him or vice versa, and she invited him to sing 'Suzanne' onstage with her. She said she had to literally yank him by the arm and get him onstage he was so nervous! He finally calmed down and they sang a duet of the song to thunderous applause.
    Indeed. I'm straight and male and I still think the guy is not just sexy, but grandpa sexy.
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 05:14
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Indeed. I'm straight and male and I still think the guy is not just sexy, but grandpa sexy.
    I hear he's big in Japan
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 06:05
    He is awesome! I listen to him all the time on You Tube. Check out closing time, suzanne, hallelujah, the future, bird on a wire, good bye marianne, and on and on and on!!!!! OMG
  10. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 06:12
    Originally posted by coquette
    He is awesome! I listen to him all the time on You Tube. Check out closing time, suzanne, hallelujah, the future, bird on a wire, good bye marianne, and on and on and on!!!!! OMG
    I just watched the Youtube rendition of "Everybody Knows", which is one of my FAVOURITE SONGS OF ALL TIME. I suppose the earlier comments about Mr. Cohen tending to get nervous onstage are true, because he must have some reason to be as hammered as he is in that video.
  11. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 12:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The voice is sexy, and the style, so therefore, he is sexy in a way.

I have about a dozen songs on my ipod, been a fan for a while. I didn't know he suffered from stage fright. It's weird to hear that about performers, they hide it well. Most people I know have never even heard of Cohen.
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 13:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Aren't you always hassling people to elaborate? Well, not it's come back to ya, partner. Tell us more...
    His voice sounded better than I've ever heard it. Really deep and full.
    The band were brilliant musicians and his three backing vocalists must have been chosen on looks and capabilities... unbelievably so.

He's like a charming old grandfather on stage, but fully there at the same time, if you know what I mean.

And the songs. Well, one doesn't really need to elaborate on how good the songs are. From Bird on a wire through to Sisters of mercy! Excellent stuff. And he played Suzanne solo on his acoustic guitar.
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    15 Jul '08 14:58
    Originally posted by coquette
    Tacoma Trailer is an amazing amazing song. Not like any Leonard Cohen song you've likely heard.

Check it out. Any classical music fans will like this one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree