1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '11 19:28
    These guys are from Bend Oregon. I've seen them many times and they are absolutely awesome.

YouTube&feature=related
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '11 21:18
    Originally posted by galveston75
    These guys are from Bend Oregon. I've seen them many times and they are absolutely awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1XM42qcVgI&feature=related
    The dude has some nice flamenco moves, but take a listen to this pair: Rodrigo y Gabriela on the Dave Letterman show:

We don't need no stinking drummers🙂

YouTube
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 May '11 14:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The dude has some nice flamenco moves, but take a listen to this pair: Rodrigo y Gabriela on the Dave Letterman show:

We don't need no stinking drummers🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oWYnnJTKQ
    Lol.... I agree they are great. They are actually going to play in Bend Oregon about 2 hours from here and I really want to see them.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 May '11 14:26
    YouTube&feature=related

Another group from Oregon. I've seen them 4 times now. Incredible!!!!!
    Check out all their videos.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jun '11 05:03
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGs-GVh_CwE&feature=related

Another group from Oregon. I've seen them 4 times now. Incredible!!!!!
    Check out all their videos.
    Reminds me of someone I saw live, Astrud Gilberto, remember Girl From Ipanema?

Stan Getz and Astrid were hot back in the day! She had the audience eating out of her hand!

These guys are clearly on the same wavelength and really good! Brazilian all the way!

My daughter Heather lives in Natal. Brazil, her and her husband Gandhi both teach at university there, she music (graduate of Berklee in Boston and Wesleyan) and Gandhi in physics, Phd from Boston U.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 01:52
    Reminds me of someone I saw live, Astrud Gilberto, remember Girl From Ipanema?

Stan Getz and Astrid were hot back in the day! She had the audience eating out of her hand!

These guys are clearly on the same wavelength and really good! Brazilian all the way!

My daughter Heather lives in Natal. Brazil, her and her husband Gandhi both teach at univer ...[text shortened]... she music (graduate of Berklee in Boston and Wesleyan) and Gandhi in physics, Phd from Boston U.
    Yes I remember them. Great stuff as well as Brazil 66 in their day.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 01:10
    Yes I remember them. Great stuff as well as Brazil 66 in their day.
    Brazil 66. You don't hear much from them anymore! I used to live in Denver and they came through town and one of the members, Janis Hansen, came to our apartment building to visit one of her friends and I was introduced, very pretty girl AND she plays chess! We played a game! I was in heaven! I never got to meet Sergio though. Janis was enough!
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 07:45
    Brazil 66. You don't hear much from them anymore! I used to live in Denver and they came through town and one of the members, Janis Hansen, came to our apartment building to visit one of her friends and I was introduced, very pretty girl AND she plays chess! We played a game! I was in heaven! I never got to meet Sergio though. Janis was enough!
    That's awesome... Now the other girl Lani Hall married Herb Albert, right? That girl had a voice I could listen to forever.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 21:38
    That's awesome... Now the other girl Lani Hall married Herb Albert, right? That girl had a voice I could listen to forever.
    Yeah, they all had great voices for sure. I was still into Dylan, Baez, Judy Collins, Joni Mitchell, Pete Seeger, Reverand Gary Davis, Doc Watson, Caroline Hester, Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, The Weavers, Limeliters, Peter Paul and Mary, Pentangle, Woody Guthrie, Ledbelly, Sonny Terry and Brownie Mcgee, Mississppi John Hurt, Backwards Sam Firk, Mike Seeger and the New Lost City Ramblers, they had more soul to me than any other kind of music.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 00:51
    Yeah, they all had great voices for sure. I was still into Dylan, Baez, Judy Collins, Joni Mitchell, Pete Seeger, Reverand Gary Davis, Doc Watson, Caroline Hester, Bert Jansch, John Renbourn, The Weavers, Limeliters, Peter Paul and Mary, Pentangle, Woody Guthrie, Ledbelly, Sonny Terry and Brownie Mcgee, Mississppi John Hurt, Backwards Sam Firk, Mike Seeger and the New Lost City Ramblers, they had more soul to me than any other kind of music.
    Most music today has no soul or meanings. Everything today is all flashy with empty words most of the time or just plain stupidity....
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Jun '11 08:26
    Most music today has no soul or meanings. Everything today is all flashy with empty words most of the time or just plain stupidity....
    But it sells. The TV shows are the same, a lot of them. Way of the world, I guess. I think it's partly becasue we're living in a kind of vertual reality, ignorant of what the rest of our humans are living with. In a way we're living the novel Fahrenheit 451.

I loved your two links Sonhouse and galveston. I saw a brilliant dueo at the underground theater last month, they had jokes and stories in song and one played his strange guitar that was kinda a post and elastic- anyway I expect even if I could rememebr their name I'd not be able to find a clip....but here's a link to clips of acts that played, some are really good-
    http://www.undergroundtheatre.org.uk/video.html
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 15:08
    Originally posted by yo its me
    But it sells. The TV shows are the same, a lot of them. Way of the world, I guess. I think it's partly becasue we're living in a kind of vertual reality, ignorant of what the rest of our humans are living with. In a way we're living the novel Fahrenheit 451.

I loved your two links Sonhouse and galveston. I saw a brilliant dueo at the underground theater ...[text shortened]... of acts that played, some are really good-
    http://www.undergroundtheatre.org.uk/video.html
    Thanks for your comment. That is some good stuff and funny too. It's good to see ones doing things like that as that's true entertainment.
    And I haven't seen Fahrenheit 451 in years and have actually forgotten that movie. I'll have to track it down and watch it again....
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 20:25
    I blame Mozart. Bleedin' boring hack-for-hire, coughing up galanteries like nobody's business... Give me the good old music of the baroque!

Richard
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jun '11 21:31
    Originally posted by yo its me
    It is with some irony that I notice that soap operas (the popular TV shows in Fahrenheit 451) are phasing out and so-called "reality-TV" is phasing in.

CNN is a lot more "real" than "reality-TV".
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 09:36
    Thanks for your comment. That is some good stuff and funny too. It's good to see ones doing things like that as that's true entertainment.
    And I haven't seen Fahrenheit 451 in years and have actually forgotten that movie. I'll have to track it down and watch it again....
    I still haven't seen the film. After a book the film is so often disapointing.

I'm glad you liked the acts 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree