1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 09:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It is with some irony that I notice that soap operas (the popular TV shows in Fahrenheit 451) are phasing out and so-called "reality-TV" is phasing in.

CNN is a lot more "real" than "reality-TV".
    We don't get CNN here.
    You're right reality tv is the next step from soaps really. In the story the main mans' wife likes to play a part in a soap, and it's kind of the same thing - different though, but certianly most people are a little obsessed with being on tv.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 02:52
    Originally posted by yo its me
    We don't get CNN here.
    You're right reality tv is the next step from soaps really. In the story the main mans' wife likes to play a part in a soap, and it's kind of the same thing - different though, but certianly most people are a little obsessed with being on tv.
    AND the producers save a BUNDLE on actors fees.....

You know, I was ensconced in a retreat for a weekend with no TV and when it was over, I went to a bar with a buddy, there was of course, a lot of flat screens pasting the walls, the one right in front of me on the wall was a show devoted to some pro baseball players getting their toenails colored. Real depth there! I was feeling a bit like Rip Van Winkle, even though it was only 3 days with no TV.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree