20 Aug '08 14:24
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The start of a verse bildungsroman?
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 04:09
    hell no i could care less if that were to happen. im just wondering why people can believe in something like that. anything based so much on emotion, can not possibly be logical. emotions are very unstable.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 06:32
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i could care less if that were to happen
    Yup, denial phase.
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 10:00
    (when w/ your "significant other"😉 is nothing but an obsession. in my opinion, it should be a psychological disorder. it is a very dangerous and harmful thing. it may cause deep depression, and even drive people to commit suicide. it also causes people to become dependent on that one person, some people become addicted to relationships to the point tha ...[text shortened]... y are raised to believe that is right and there is no other way, not because it is logical.
    I agree with you it is dangerous and not of sound mind to become totally dependant on your partner, just as it's not right to hold on to the parental strings after your child has grown. Or to still depend on your parents after you have fled the nest. It's not healthy but it's not love either. It's insecurity, obsession or just wrong as you said but that's not love.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 18:561 edit
    Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
    Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
    Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
    Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
    Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public
    doves,
    Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Funeral Blues by W.H. Auden.
  6. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    21 Aug '08 20:43
    Clap... Clap... Clap...
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 02:24
    (when w/ your "significant other"😉 is nothing but an obsession. in my opinion, it should be a psychological disorder. it is a very dangerous and harmful thing. it may cause deep depression, and even drive people to commit suicide. it also causes people to become dependent on that one person, some people become addicted to relationships to the point tha ...[text shortened]... y are raised to believe that is right and there is no other way, not because it is logical.
    Someday you'll realize just how great it is to have someone watching your back; someone you can really trust.

Not that I've ever felt that way about a woman, but I do feel that way about my family. It would be...amazing...to meet a woman I trusted the way I trust my family.
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:56
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Someday you'll realize just how great it is to have someone watching your back; someone you can really trust.

Not that I've ever felt that way about a woman, but I do feel that way about my family. It would be...amazing...to meet a woman I trusted the way I trust my family.
    They say love is what you find when you're not looking for it, so perhaps now that you know what it is you'll find it. I htink trust is something given when it is recived.
  9. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 02:34
    I always think that love is madness.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '08 09:59
    I always thought love was a true friendship with the absence of jealousy and an absolute trust...idk maybe its too idealistic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree