1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 07:09
    Medeski, Martin, & Wood - Radiolarians I, II & III - conceived as a 3 part series based on a new approach to writing new material by this keys/drums/bass trio. see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Radiolarian_Series

I've just finished having my first listen to the third in this series. And it won't be my last.

I've been a fan of this outfit since their very first release, 'Notes From The Underground'.

These 3 CDs bring their catalogue up to about 20 albums.

Despite all the gems of albums past, I'd venture to say you couldn't go far wrong if you grabbed just these three CDs en route to the proverbial desert island.

Really fresh, diverse, and well recorded. I'm not exactly saying that MMW needed to stage a 'return to form', but after 6 or 7 great albums in the 1990s, The Dropper, Electric Tonic (poorly recorded IMHO), Uninvisible, End of the World Party/Just in Case, between 2000 and 2004 didn't set my ears alight as did It's a Jungle in Here and Friday Afternoon in the Universe. So, for me, in that context, these Radiolarian sets are really exciting and really reward repeated listens.

Any interest in me posting one file low bit rate crossfaded no commercial value sampler/compilation mp3 of the series so that you can decide whether or not to go out and buy it?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 09:24
    MMW is really great. I only have a few albums, but I intend to get a couple more.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '09 00:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Medeski, Martin, & Wood - Radiolarians I, II & III [...] Really fresh, diverse, and well recorded. [...] these Radiolarian sets are really exciting and really reward repeated listens. Any interest in me posting one file low bit rate crossfaded no commercial value sampler/compilation mp3 of the series so that you can decide whether or not to go out and buy it?
    Here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/265541300/Radiolarians.mp3

Primo gear, even if I say so myself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree