1. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 22:11
    The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, because the one they made a few years ago was TERRIBLE.

Movies that should never be remade:
    The Omen
    The Shining
    Rosemary's Baby
    The Godfather
    Aliens
    2001 A Space Odyssey

But they will probably be remade at some point anyway, I think The Omen was remade not too long ago. Sigh.
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 23:28
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, because the one they made a few years ago was TERRIBLE.

Movies that should never be remade:
    The Omen
    The Shining
    Rosemary's Baby
    The Godfather
    Aliens
    2001 A Space Odyssey

But they will probably be remade at some point anyway, I think The Omen was remade not too long ago. Sigh.
    Yeah, the remake of The Omen was terrible.

So was the Stephen King TV remake of The Shining.
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 23:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Forbiden Planet
    You can't rehash a classic like that.
  4. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 23:51
    Last House on Dead End Street, only watched this a few months ago and it's a film i'll never forget, Pascal Laugier should do it.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:13
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    1984 should be re-made.
    Rec'd. Totally agree.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's been done twice. You think it needs doing again?
    It's been done twice . Badly.
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:17
    Dune. The original Dune blew chunks, but you'd have to have read the book to know it.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 05:58
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Dune. The original Dune blew chunks, but you'd have to have read the book to know it.
    Rubbish. Whilst the books are a stand alone piece of genius, and the film kept only loosely to the plot of the first, what it did do was capture the feel of the books. The sets, costumes and models all went heavily towards achieving a universe within which the Dune of the books could have existed. If you look at the TV series from the early 2000s you get the exact opposite; an almost clinical approach to recreation, but with none of the art direction, costumes and scenery which are needed to make Herbert's universe come alive in the Arabian Nights cabaret which it needs. Clinical story reproduction with low artistic vision, or visually abloom with thick artistic immersion but less truthful to the book, I know which I'd prefer to have. Alas a poor sound mix on all of the versions that made it to TV/Cinema did nothing to help. That Dino di Laurentis decided to fight all the directors he employed and eventually stifle the creativity of Lynch, to want him to remove his name from the credits, only serves to show how great Lynch's touch is. If he'd have had the freedom and budget, Dune would have been awesome. As it is, it breathes the essence of a magnificent world, let down by poor pre-production, a tyrannical producer and amateur sound department.

Still probably my favourite film.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 05:07
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Rubbish. Whilst the books are a stand alone piece of genius, and the film kept only loosely to the plot of the first, what it did do was capture the feel of the books. The sets, costumes and models all went heavily towards achieving a universe within which the Dune of the books could have existed. If you look at the TV series from the early 2000s you get ...[text shortened]... on, a tyrannical producer and amateur sound department.

Still probably my favourite film.
    If if if....horrible movie that deserves to be remade.
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 06:36
    If if if....horrible movie that deserves to be remade.
    There's only one 'if' there.

What makes you think it was so horrible, all you've done so far is say it is without elaborating.
  11. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 15:54
    Originally posted by Blackamp
    John Carpenter's 'The Thing' was good, though.
    Spot on. One of the best remakes of all time. Ironically, the remakes of Carpenter's original films (The Fog, Halloween, etc) invariably suck.

I'd like to see Westworld remade.

And add Apocalypse Now to movies that should never be remade.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 17:43
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Spot on. One of the best remakes of all time. Ironically, the remakes of Carpenter's original films (The Fog, Halloween, etc) invariably suck.

I'd like to see Westworld remade.

And add Apocalypse Now to movies that should never be remade.
    I love Westworld, it would just turn into a CGI fest if redone. Something about the analogue feel of it does it justice, don't you think?
  13. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 22:00
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Agreed. I thought the actors fit the characters well, but every other aspect could not have sucked more.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 22:14
    Originally posted by Starrman
    There's only one 'if' there.

What makes you think it was so horrible, all you've done so far is say it is without elaborating.
    I honestly think that anything I say about one of your favorite movies will be a waste of letters. *shrug*
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 22:20
    I honestly think that anything I say about one of your favorite movies will be a waste of letters. *shrug*
    My aesthetic preferences do not limit my ability to converse on those of others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree