1. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    09 Feb '20 16:17
    I really enjoy old Western movies and TV shows. Hopalong Cassidy, The Line Ranger, Roy Rogers, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke. McClintock, True Grit, Rio Grande, etc etc
    For some reason I like B&W better.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Feb '20 21:31
    @gambrel said
    I really enjoy old Western movies and TV shows. Hopalong Cassidy, The Line Ranger, Roy Rogers, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke. McClintock, True Grit, Rio Grande, etc etc
    https://www.cowboysindians.com/2016/11/100-best-westerns-ever-made/
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Feb '20 21:34
    @gambrel said
    I have to be in the mood for a Western.
    But, generally speaking, the older...the better.

I tried to get my lovely to watch "The Magnificent 7" with me the other night. She wasn't having any.
    I tried to sell her on the idea of it being a remake of Kuosawa's masterpiece, "Seven Samurai" but she wasn't biting.

As as kid, I loved "Gun Smoke", "The Big Valley, "Bat Masterson" and "The Wild Wild West" on TV.

They just don't make them like that anymore. 🙁
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Feb '20 01:50
    @wolfe63 said

I tried to get my lovely to watch "The Magnificent 7" with me the other night. She wasn't having any.
    I tried to sell her on the idea of it being a remake of Kuosawa's masterpiece, "Seven Samurai" but she wasn't biting.

As as kid, I loved "Gun Smoke", "The Big Valley, "Bat Masterson" and "The Wild Wild West" on TV.

Yeah, so did I. They were OK, but I got bored with TV after about 1980. I'd rather do things than watch them-
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 06:57
    @wolfe63 said

I liked "Have Gun, Will Travel" and "Wanted: Dead or Alive" with a young Steve McQueen. There's a local station to me that plays almost nothing but old TV.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 08:26
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

and

The Professionals
    (because my mother knew Woody Strode, personally and it was the first Western I had ever seen)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree