1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Jul '15 04:111 edit
    Had my first real go at it after years of fearing addiction and social pariah status. Played Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition with a guy (I assume a guy) from Hungary. Had a total blast, for 30-60 minutes — never knew it could be that much fun, and not at all antisocial like I had thought. Great experience, and I'm going to experiment with other game genres when I can.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 14:08
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Had my first real go at it after years of fearing addiction and social pariah status. Played Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition with a guy (I assume a guy) from Hungary. Had a total blast, for 30-60 minutes — never knew it could be that much fun, and not at all antisocial like I had thought. Great experience, and I'm going to experiment with other game genres when I can.
    My wife plays this farm game where you build up this virtual farm and talks with people around the planet also into that game, on the Android phone and tablet.
  3. Standard memberDukeOfEuphony
    player of the violin
    Canada.
    Moves
    14 Jul '15 22:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My wife plays this farm game where you build up this virtual farm and talks with people around the planet also into that game, on the Android phone and tablet.
    farmville?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 17:56
    Awesome new game for PS4 and PC users: Rocket League. Much, much fun!! Look it up.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Jul '15 00:08
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Awesome new game for PS4 and PC users: Rocket League. Much, much fun!! Look it up.
    I watched some by chance on Twitch. It looks great, but will surely not run on my six-year-old hardware.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 21:381 edit
    MMORPGs: Are they really the most amazing of all the types of games? This is the claim in the IT certification exam guide I'm studying.

I've played most types of game but never one of those. At one stage it seemed to me as a mystified outsider that they were causing the degradation of society, public services and the economy.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 10:12
    MMORPGs: Are they really the most amazing of all the types of games? This is the claim in the IT certification exam guide I'm studying.
    Hah. What's that supposed to certify you for, Hipster Management? It probably also claims that Ruby is the best programming language ever for everything.
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    10 Aug '15 11:321 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Hah. What's that supposed to certify you for, Hipster Management? It probably also claims that Ruby is the best programming language ever for everything.
    CompTIA A+ exam guide by Mike Meyers. It doesn't mention Ruby -- at least if it does it's only in passing -- but the author is obviously a keen gamer and goes into more detail than you'd expect or probably need on gaming and multimedia. But it's quite welcome as far as I'm concerned to leaven the discussion of networking protocols and detailed tables of data that need to be memorized.
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Sep '15 15:481 edit
    Anyone play/played DEFCON?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 19:111 edit
    Well, define "multiplayer". I played a ton of Diablo and Diablo 2 with friends (cooperative play, perhaps 3 at a time, connected via IP over the net), but this is really nothing compared to playing some MMOs where there could be thousands online on the same server at any time.

This being said, I finally gave up World of Warcraft and went back to EQ 2. The player attitude difference alone was worth the leap, and the attitudes of those who run the games are worlds apart. WoW simply does not respect their playerbase, while EQ2 admins are still somewhat approachable and they regularly ask their playerbase for opinions.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 20:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, define "multiplayer". I played a ton of Diablo and Diablo 2 with friends (cooperative play, perhaps 3 at a time, connected via IP over the net), but this is really nothing compared to playing some MMOs where there could be thousands online on the same server at any time.

This being said, I finally gave up World of Warcraft and went back to EQ 2. ...[text shortened]... EQ2 admins are still somewhat approachable and they regularly ask their playerbase for opinions.
    For me multiplayer means more than one player. Obviously MMOs are a special category, but basically anything you play with other people. My computer won't play WoW so I'll try it some other time; I've got Second Life though and am (sorta) enjoying dipping into it. Lately I've been playing Burnout Paradise when I get time, which is one of the best driving games I've played. I like some arcade action like that to help me relax sometimes, though I often go for more cerebral stuff. Depends on my mood and level of alertness.

I just started working in an IT company which organises occasional gaming nights, so I'm looking forward to my first one of those.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree