This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 05:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Sure; the vagaries and predilections of human behaviour become manifest in ideologies and spiritual belief systems.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 23:463 edits
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Not to be argumentative, but Wikipedia credits Will Holt as having written 'Lemon Tree' (which was based on an earlier Brazilian folk song).
    Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I don't know where I got the Will Geer name as author of Lemon Tree. I see it listed as Will Holt.

I see the only record I could find of Will Geer was as a narrator on an album with him and Woodie Guthrie singing Woodie's songs, like Grand Coulee Dam, Pastures of Plenty, This land is your land, Do re mi.

That album was 'Bound For Glory', Smithsonian label.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 21:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I don't know where I got the Will Geer name as author of Lemon Tree. I see it listed as Will Holt.

I see the only record I could find of Will Geer was as a narrator on an album with him and Woodie Guthrie singing Woodie's songs, like Grand Coulee Dam, Pastures of Plenty, This land is your land, Do re mi.

That album was 'Bound For Glory', Smithsonian label.
    I only looked it up because I thought that the Kingston Trio had written the song. But I was wrong as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree