Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    19 Jun '12 16:49
    Saw this gem at the Sunday Matinee. Still a classic.

    Long live G & S....
  2. 21 Jun '12 12:01
    Originally posted by uzless
    Saw this gem at the Sunday Matinee. Still a classic.

    Long live G & S....
    Wonderful work indeed! But isn't it spelled Penzance?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirates_of_Penzance
  3. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    21 Jun '12 16:14
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Wonderful work indeed! But isn't it spelled Penzance?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirates_of_Penzance
    of course...i was going for double the Z!!

    (ok, perhaps too obscure a reference to Rock of Ages i'll grant you that...)
  4. 22 Jun '12 01:08
    Originally posted by uzless
    of course...i was going for double the Z!!

    (ok, perhaps too obscure a reference to Rock of Ages i'll grant you that...)
    Do you like The Mikado? G&S have few parallels in the world of comic operetta!