1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 05:50
    Anybody else heard this yet?

The King of Limbs is the eighth studio album by English alternative rock band Radiohead, produced by Nigel Godrich. It was released on 18 February 2011 as a download in MP3 and WAV formats. It will be followed by a physical CD release in the UK on 28 March and a special "newspaper" edition on 9 May 2011.

The "newspaper" edition will contain two 10-inch vinyl records in a special record sleeve, many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork, a compact disc, and a colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic package. The album will be released by Ticker Tape in the United States, XL in the United Kingdom and Hostess Entertainment in Japan.

The album was announced on Radiohead's website on 14 February 2011, five days before release. The name of the album possibly refers to an oak tree in Wiltshire's Savernake Forest, thought to be 1,000 years old. The tree is a pollarded oak, referring to an ancient technique for harvesting timber for fencing and firewood. Though it does not feature on maps, the tree is said to be 3 miles (4.8 km) from Tottenham Court House, where Radiohead recorded part of their previous album In Rainbows. On 18 February, Radiohead's official blog published the first song from the album, "Lotus Flower", with an accompanying music video, followed by a post announcing the album was released. - Wikipedia

"Bloom"
    "Morning Mr. Magpie"
    "Little By Little"
    "Feral"
    "Lotus Flower"
    "Codex"
    "Give up the Ghost"
    "Separator"
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    19 Feb '11 12:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Anybody else heard this yet?

[quote]The King of Limbs is the eighth studio album by English alternative rock band Radiohead, produced by Nigel Godrich. It was released on 18 February 2011 as a download in MP3 and WAV formats. It will be followed by a physical CD release in the UK on 28 March and a special "newspaper" edition on 9 May 2011.

The "newspaper" ...[text shortened]... le"
    "Feral"
    "Lotus Flower"
    "Codex"
    "Give up the Ghost"
    "Separator"
    Great news. I'll certainly take a listen. I love this band. Terrfic song writing and Yorke's singing comes right from his soul.
  3. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    20 Feb '11 03:41
    Been listening to it all day. Like "In Rainbows" and "Kid A" I think it takes a few good listens to really penetrate. 'Little by Little' and 'Lotus Flower' are early favorites. And 'Separator.'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree