1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '10 23:16
    He was the bad guy in so many movies! He wrote and directed 'Easy rider' which put him and Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson on the celebrity map. He will be missed. He lived in my former home town of Venice Beach, California.
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    29 May '10 23:18
    From what I could tell he was one cool dude.
  3. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 May '10 17:50
    goog egg
  4. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 May '10 17:50
    good egg
  5. Joined
    08 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 May '10 17:51
    good egg
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 May '10 21:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    He was the bad guy in so many movies! He wrote and directed 'Easy rider' which put him and Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson on the celebrity map. He will be missed. He lived in my former home town of Venice Beach, California.
    I lived in a sort of commune for a while in Venice that was next door to a big aluminum sided house that supposedly belonged to Hopper. It was on Brooks I think.
  7. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    30 May '10 22:41
    Originally posted by mcmahon
    good egg
    good egg
    good egg
    So a clutch of good eggs then?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '10 02:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I lived in a sort of commune for a while in Venice that was next door to a big aluminum sided house that supposedly belonged to Hopper. It was on Brooks I think.
    Where were you in Venice? We lived on Superba ave. About a mile from the beach. When were you there? Did you ever hear of Southwind Irish band? We were mostly venesians, we played at McCabes about 6 times and a lot of other venue's there.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 May '10 05:02
    Where were you in Venice? We lived on Superba ave. About a mile from the beach. When were you there? Did you ever hear of Southwind Irish band? We were mostly venesians, we played at McCabes about 6 times and a lot of other venue's there.
    4th and Brooks I think.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '10 00:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    4th and Brooks I think.
    What year or years was that?
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 03:402 edits
    What year or years was that?
    Roughly 15 years ago.

This is the man who considered himself the great guru of the commune:

A man with long grey hair who introduced himself as Arhata of the Spiritual Rebel/Yes Center was presiding over a row of tables and easels covered with leaflets and posters extolling the virtues of incest and masturbation, and inviting people to visit his community a couple of blocks from the beach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/northamerica/usa/losangeles/721163/Los-Angeles-Baywatch-by-bike.html

http://www.treemo.com/users/arhata/channel/

What a crazy dude.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 08:27
    His role in "Appocalypse Now" was awesome. Pure Hopper. Made Sheen and Brando look real good at the end of that movie.
    Easy Rider was also awesome- it really captured the spirit of the late sixties in america. A very important point in history that was captured very well that communicates to me about a time when I was not yet born. People with that kind of talent deserve all the accolades that come their way. Thanks Dennis. Keep rockin dude😉
  13. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    03 Jun '10 13:38
    He was one of the good guys. I remember him in the film "Duel" as well as "Easy Rider".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree