1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 21:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Dead Poets Society" set in Boston/Cambridge is still my favorite.... and I'm not precisely sure why. Thanks, Duchess64.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 21:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There was always a deep sadness about him which I can now recognise as depression. He never really smiled, not really, and his eyes always look full of woe.

I feel that his performance in Good Will Hunting connected with and transmitted this inner sadness more than any other role - maybe he wasn't even acting it. The scene where he defends his wife's ...[text shortened]... t his best. The look he gives the painting after Will has gone is priceless.

Such a sad loss.
    "Good Will Hunting was one of Robin Williams‘ best films. Let’s remember the Hollywood legend through the best quotes from the movie below:

1. You’re not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you’ve met, she’s not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other.

2. That’s why I’m not talkin’ right now about some girl I saw at a bar twenty years ago and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her. I don’t regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. I don’t regret the six years I had to give up counseling when she got sick. And I don’t regret the last years when she got really sick. And I sure as hell don’t regret missin’ the damn game. That’s regret.

3. You’ll never have that kind of relationship in a world where you’re afraid to take the first step because all you see is every negative thing 10 miles down the road.

4. You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.

5. I gotta see about a girl.

6. I knew you before you were a mathematical god, when you were pimple-faced and homesick and didn’t know what side of the bed to piss on!

7. See you Monday. We’ll be talking about Freud and why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse.

8. People call those imperfections, but no, that’s the good stuff."

Note: Hope you like these, dive. RHP RoboMod wouldn't approve of 9 and 10.

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/08/good-will-hunting-robin-williams-quotes-death-rip-suicide-dead-died/
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '14 22:281 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 00:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Who could glimpse the heart of a man who could get enough laughs?" ~Duchess64 / Most assuredly his physician; and therapists as well as immediate family and colleagues. Williams appears to have been a distraught individual for decades.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 22:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have a feeling Robin Williams would have made jokes about internet creatures like yourself rather than laugh at your "jokes".

Williams made me laugh out loud too including many of his talk show appearances ~ which I have seen on YouTube ~ in some of which he made hard-hitting points about the reality of alcoholism that have lodged in my brain and affected m ...[text shortened]...

The same can be said for a lot of what came out of his mind in his rapid fire comedic style.
    I feel like I'm choking on a river of tears that I simply can't let go, they're all jammed up in there.
    Since he first exploded onto the small screen on "Happy Days" as Mork, from Ork, through so many great movies, Robin has been a part of this fan's life since 1978.
    His dazzling emotional intelligence, ability to convey pathos in such achingly mirror-like precision, and an endearing fearlessness to imitate farts--- and everything in-between--- made him a touchstone presence in entertainment for the better part of four decades.
    Dying is one thing and we'd all surely mourn the loss under normal circumstances.
    But this hurts me.
    I get depression and I get those dark nights of the soul that last for years with no hope of remission.
    Sometimes, though, Robin, you take one for the team.
    I really, really wish you hadn't done that.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Aug '14 05:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I feel like I'm choking on a river of tears that I simply can't let go, they're all jammed up in there.
    Since he first exploded onto the small screen on "Happy Days" as Mork, from Ork, through so many great movies, Robin has been a part of this fan's life since 1978.
    His dazzling emotional intelligence, ability to convey pathos in such achingly mirror-li ...[text shortened]... ometimes, though, Robin, you take one for the team.
    I really, really wish you hadn't done that.
    Your sadness confuses me; is he not now in heaven, close to god? Is he not now truly happy and at peace?

Shouldn't you be happy when someone leaves this temporally existence?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Aug '14 22:51
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Your sadness confuses me; is he not now in heaven, close to god? Is he not now truly happy and at peace?

Shouldn't you be happy when someone leaves this temporally existence?
    As a believer, I am confident in his current state.
    The messages sent by a suicide are not in line with life, hope or happiness.
    His fans who loved him, his friends and family, and none more intimate than his immediate relations (most especially, his children) now must bear the burden of his resignation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree