1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 01:20
    He passed away from prostate cancer yesterday. A man who was convicted of a crime he never committed back in the 60's. I remember attending the Night of the Hurricane benefit concert at the Astrodome back then. Sitting on the astroturf listening to Dylan, Stevie Wonder and Isaac Hayes perform live is a happy and sad memory.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 03:17
    Originally posted by caissad4
    He passed away from prostate cancer yesterday. A man who was convicted of a crime he never committed back in the 60's. I remember attending the Night of the Hurricane benefit concert at the Astrodome back then. Sitting on the astroturf listening to Dylan, Stevie Wonder and Isaac Hayes perform live is a happy and sad memory.
    What a miscarriage of justice; would like to have been in Houston that evening (we arrived October, 1980, for six years).
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 18:102 edits
    Hurricane Carter lived on my street for years and he was always out doing his gardening, chatting with whoever wanted to talk to him, until his house fire around 7 (I think?) years ago. Hadn't seen him since then. But I do still go to Hurricane's at Bloor St. and Delaware Ave. which is named in his honour due to his loyal patronage. Nice guy.

EDIT - Turns out the fire was almost 10 years ago. Time flies.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '14 13:48
    I wonder if he got any money after being released? After 20 years he should have gotten a million bucks. Was he ever pronounced innocent or were the charges just quietly dropped? Sometimes those sneaky bastards word things such that they still imply guilt but know he was innocent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree