Slickaphonics

Standard memberSake
Culture 04 Dec '08 18:59
  1. Utrecht
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 18:59
    A New York sort of funk band, great trombone player. Saw them once in the 80's in 'Het Noorderligt' Tilburg, Holland, one of my most memorable concerts. Had a tape, lost it and wherever I try to find some info about this band I come up with nothing. Anyone here knows a little about the Slickaphonics?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 19:48
    Originally posted by Sake
    A New York sort of funk band, great trombone player. Saw them once in the 80's in 'Het Noorderligt' Tilburg, Holland, one of my most memorable concerts. Had a tape, lost it and wherever I try to find some info about this band I come up with nothing. Anyone here knows a little about the Slickaphonics?
    I picked up one of their LP's years ago as a curiosity largely because of Ray Anderson who was the trombone player. It's been years since I listened to it - not really my cup of tea though kinda fun. Anderson mostly plays in the creative improvised music / jazz worlds as does Mark Helias who was the bass player and are highly regarded in both. If you're interested in knowing more about Anderson or Helias, let me know.
  3. Utrecht
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 08:57
    Thanks a lot! These forgotten names helped. What a trombone player!
    You're right, it was a 'the-concert-was-better-than-the-album-band'. But man, did I dance that night. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree