1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 06:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Bach, of course.

Equally of course, they already know him.

Richard
    Maybe they would be bored with more than 5 minutes of Bach. I like the guy and his sons but the depth in the music is mostly mathematical. Beethoven would more likely appeal to the emotions and still have depth. Of course that would assume said aliens had anything like our emotional minds. If they had minds more like Spock, they might not appreciate Ludwig very much. Maybe they would like Rodrigo Y Gabriella🙂
  2. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    12 Sep '10 11:46
    The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 03:55
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
    IMO they would consider that to be an extremely narrow representation of Earth art, not looking at the Chinese masters or the Tibetan books and such. I think instead if anything we should send EVERYTHING in print, digitize the whole lot and beam it up. If the aliens are way ahead of us it would probably take them a week to read the whole bunch🙂

And that doesn't even extend into world music, dance, sculpture, drawings, glass art, etc.
  4. Santiago
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 23:211 edit
    I'd give them some very colourful beads & a bible.

It's always worked in the past.
  5. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 19:02
    ...show them episodes of star trek...tell them that this is what we are really up to....don't f^%$ with us were the good guys.......
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 19:11
    Give 'em framed far-side cartoons with their faces photo-shopped in.
  7. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 09:50
    Seems like this thread was just in time!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20100914/bs_prweb/prweb4491804_1

If all the foregoing discussion hasn't helped enough, others have been giving it thought, too:

http://i.imgur.com/wJwWe.gif

Must dash - that's my ride arriving. Laters!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 18:10
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Seems like this thread was just in time!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20100914/bs_prweb/prweb4491804_1

If all the foregoing discussion hasn't helped enough, others have been giving it thought, too:

http://i.imgur.com/wJwWe.gif

Must dash - that's my ride arriving. Laters!
    I'm surprised he didn't predict Dec 21 2012 as the date. Just think, only 2 days to go and we will not be innocent anymore😉
  9. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 02:37
    In 1977 Voyager was sent to explore the universe. the was a gold record on board that had greetings in 60 different languages and this list of music:

Music On Voyager Record

Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F. First Movement, Munich Bach Orchestra, Karl Richter, conductor. 4:40
    Java, court gamelan, "Kinds of Flowers," recorded by Robert Brown. 4:43
    Senegal, percussion, recorded by Charles Duvelle. 2:08
    Zaire, Pygmy girls' initiation song, recorded by Colin Turnbull. 0:56
    Australia, Aborigine songs, "Morning Star" and "Devil Bird," recorded by Sandra LeBrun Holmes. 1:26
    Mexico, "El Cascabel," performed by Lorenzo Barcelata and the Mariachi México. 3:14
    "Johnny B. Goode," written and performed by Chuck Berry. 2:38
    New Guinea, men's house song, recorded by Robert MacLennan. 1:20
    Japan, shakuhachi, "Tsuru No Sugomori" ("Crane's Nest,"😉 performed by Goro Yamaguchi. 4:51
    Bach, "Gavotte en rondeaux" from the Partita No. 3 in E major for Violin, performed by Arthur Grumiaux. 2:55
    Mozart, The Magic Flute, Queen of the Night aria, no. 14. Edda Moser, soprano. Bavarian State Opera, Munich, Wolfgang Sawallisch, conductor. 2:55
    Georgian S.S.R., chorus, "Tchakrulo," collected by Radio Moscow. 2:18
    Peru, panpipes and drum, collected by Casa de la Cultura, Lima. 0:52
    "Melancholy Blues," performed by Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven. 3:05
    Azerbaijan S.S.R., bagpipes, recorded by Radio Moscow. 2:30
    Stravinsky, Rite of Spring, Sacrificial Dance, Columbia Symphony Orchestra, Igor Stravinsky, conductor. 4:35
    Bach, The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 2, Prelude and Fugue in C, No.1. Glenn Gould, piano. 4:48
    Beethoven, Fifth Symphony, First Movement, the Philharmonia Orchestra, Otto Klemperer, conductor. 7:20
    Bulgaria, "Izlel je Delyo Hagdutin," sung by Valya Balkanska. 4:59
    Navajo Indians, Night Chant, recorded by Willard Rhodes. 0:57
    Holborne, Paueans, Galliards, Almains and Other Short Aeirs, "The Fairie Round," performed by David Munrow and the Early Music Consort of London. 1:17
    Solomon Islands, panpipes, collected by the Solomon Islands Broadcasting Service. 1:12
    Peru, wedding song, recorded by John Cohen. 0:38
    China, ch'in, "Flowing Streams," performed by Kuan P'ing-hu. 7:37
    India, raga, "Jaat Kahan Ho," sung by Surshri Kesar Bai Kerkar. 3:30
    "Dark Was the Night," written and performed by Blind Willie Johnson. 3:15
    Beethoven, String Quartet No. 13 in B flat, Opus 130, Cavatina, performed by Budapest String Quartet. 6:37

ONE ALIEN RESPONDED, "SEND US MORE CHUCK BERRY"
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 03:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What do you do? show them Kiss? Segovia, Jordi Savall? Alfred Hitchcock? Mozart? Da Vinci?

How do you present the accomplishments of the human race in the best light, they are trying to figure out if we are worthy of joining the Galactic League.
    An alien landing party stopped by the house late one evening, I was logged in here, they started reading the forums, they've never left.

Help me please

🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree