1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 16:04
    Not anything else about them espically, but some songs just have great lines. This is one I like for it's frankness, honesty and is so emotionally raw.
    'What do you want from me' by Take That. (It's Mark Owen who sings it- a bit of the meaning is from his real life that's been through the papers).
    And for the same reason, 'Stay' By Sugarland.

What are the songs that you enjoy for the lyrics?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 22:04
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Not anything else about them espically, but some songs just have great lines. This is one I like for it's frankness, honesty and is so emotionally raw.
    'What do you want from me' by Take That. (It's Mark Owen who sings it- a bit of the meaning is from his real life that's been through the papers).

Well, it's one of the reasons why I like both Paul Simon and the Beatles so much. So... I Am A Rock? Revolution?

Richard
  3. Joined
    06 Jan '10
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 09:19
    Two of my favorites are:

"Vincent" by Don McLean. If you know van Gogh's story, McLean hits the emotions perfectly.

YouTube

"Sweet Avenue" by Jets to Brazil (often falsely attributed to Damien Rice). Ever fallen in love? It's like this.

YouTube
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 09:512 edits
    Bob Dylan, Farewell Angelina, a song about unreciprocated love!

YouTube&feature=related
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 14:54

Totally, without the slightest apology, opaque... which only lends to its charm:

YouTube

Band of Horses. Please do not start following them or buying their albums.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 15:02
    Schubert lieder. Da Ponte opera libretti. Ruckert Lieder. STabat Mater by any composer.
  7. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 18:05
    When they ring those golden bells

YouTube&feature=related

GRANNY.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 18:15
    "Venus in Furs" by the velvet underground always struck me as having one of the most brilliantly written lyrics ever put on paper.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 02:10

Anything by Utah Phillips.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 16:11
    Cut the Mullet by Wesley Willis
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 13:17
    Old England - The Waterboys

Shipbuilding - Elvis Costello

The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing > Dumb All Over > Heavenly Bank Account - Frank Zappa

Life On Mars - David Bowie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree