1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    23 Apr '16 19:41
    I'm very much a classical/opera fan but I liked Superstition a lot. He was really before my time, but I'm just streaming Innervisions and I like the sound (though the electronic keyboard parts sound somewhat dated). Any fans care to recommend some good SW tracks?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '16 23:59
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I'm very much a classical/opera fan but I liked Superstition a lot. He was really before my time, but I'm just streaming Innervisions and I like the sound (though the electronic keyboard parts sound somewhat dated). Any fans care to recommend some good SW tracks?
    This is nice, a bit slow but nice: Ribbon in the sky:

YouTube
  3. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '16 17:15
    'The Secret Life Of Plants'

Epic, gorgeous, classical, orchestral, choral, underrated, eternal.

Like the painting of a lush jungle translated into music - I got this LP as a teenager and listened to it so often conjuring a fantastic world of inner pictures. After 35 years I am still fascinated, still see the colorful beauty of Stevie Wonder's plant opera with my inner eyes. WONDERful!
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Apr '16 01:161 edit
    I love "Living for the City". It's one of the best story-telling tracks ever, painting a picture of urban life and having character despite hardships.

But my favorite track is "Overjoyed". That song is just beautiful. "Ribbon in the Sky" is also great.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 Apr '16 01:18
    Originally posted by Flower04
    'The Secret Life Of Plants'

Epic, gorgeous, classical, orchestral, choral, underrated, eternal.

Like the painting of a lush jungle translated into music - I got this LP as a teenager and listened to it so often conjuring a fantastic world of inner pictures. After 35 years I am still fascinated, still see the colorful beauty of Stevie Wonder's plant opera with my inner eyes. WONDERful!
    I'm gonna have to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    01 May '16 21:36
    Thanks for the recommendations!
  7. SubscriberBenjamin Barker
    Demon Barber
    Fleet Street
    Moves
    21 Jun '16 07:05
    The seven albums between '72 and '80 are all excellent and I return to them often but the freshest two for me are "Music Of My Mind" and "Fulfillingness' First Finale".
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 00:061 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree