Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    23 Sep '08 04:57
    Are you a fan of Joy Division? Then check these guys out. First time I heard them i was hooked.

    Sounds like a combination of Joy Division/Sonic Youth/Velvet Underground.


    Listen to this in the background while you're doing something else...wow
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    24 Sep '08 10:10
    Nice tip. Thanks.
  3. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    20 Oct '08 04:43
    "The First Viatnemese War" is one kick ass song....anyone check these guys out yet??
  4. 20 Oct '08 13:24
    Originally posted by uzless
    "The First Viatnemese War" is one kick ass song....anyone check these guys out yet??
    Sounds promising. Do you have a link?
  5. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    20 Oct '08 15:01
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Sounds promising. Do you have a link?
    http://cowbell.fm/track/19962-the-black-angels-the-first-vietnamese-war


    (It plays automatically in the background when the webpage loads)


    **sounds like it's only 96kbs...better at 192kbs**
  6. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    21 Oct '08 19:12
    Originally posted by uzless
    http://cowbell.fm/track/19962-the-black-angels-the-first-vietnamese-war


    (It plays automatically in the background when the webpage loads)


    **sounds like it's only 96kbs...better at 192kbs**
    If the song doesn't load (or stops/starts) here is an alternate.

    http://www.hatesomethingbeautiful.com/?p=1442
  7. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    22 Oct '08 15:10
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Something interesting happens if you put your mouse over the name of the song and right click the mouse button. Watch what happens when you click "Save target as".
  8. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    22 Oct '08 15:15
    Originally posted by uzless
    Watch what happens when you click "Save target as".
    The target was saved. And?
  9. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    22 Oct '08 15:23
    Originally posted by Palynka
    The target was saved. And?
    I'm using IE.

    Did you open it after you saved it?
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    22 Oct '08 16:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    I'm using IE.

    Did you open it after you saved it?
    Yes... It worked fine with FF. I was sort of expecting it not to after what you said. What do you get with IE?
  11. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    22 Oct '08 17:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Yes... It worked fine with FF. I was sort of expecting it not to after what you said. What do you get with IE?
    with IE, after you click "save as target" a box pops up asking you if you would like to save the song. You can then just download the song.
  12. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    22 Oct '08 17:14
    Originally posted by uzless
    with IE, after you click "save as target" a box pops up asking you if you would like to save the song. You can then just download the song.
    Err... Ok. 😕
  13. 22 Oct '08 17:15
    The song was okay, I was a little turned off by the vocals, lyrics and canned psychadelic guitar. I can definitely hear some Velvet Underground influence but I'm not too convinced that it was executed well. I don't hear any Sonic Youth or Joy Division though.
  14. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    22 Oct '08 17:48
    Originally posted by uzless
    Something interesting happens if you put your mouse over the name of the song and right click the mouse button. Watch what happens when you click "Save target as".
    You're just finding out about this? "Save Target As" can be very useful. I've grabbed a lot of music off the web doing that.

    Not bad ch00nz. Listening to "The First Vietnamese War" right now. I agree, I hear some Joy Division Influences. Will definitely check them out some more. Thanks for the rec. We need more threads like this.
  15. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    22 Oct '08 20:40
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The song was okay, I was a little turned off by the vocals, lyrics and canned psychadelic guitar. I can definitely hear some Velvet Underground influence but I'm not too convinced that it was executed well. I don't hear any Sonic Youth or Joy Division though.
    The other songs have those influences.

    Try "Manipulation"