1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 12:50
    I really want to get off this planet just to get away from the dirt dum Rap music nightmare. To many cars rattleing apart at the seams playing stupid Rap music. Rap is a sign of society falling apart. Worthless racket is all is it. It is not music. I don't know what it is, but it sucks the big one..
  2. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 13:09
    You sound like my parents when I was 15, but it wasn't rap I was listening to............I don't care for rab music either!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 14:11
    Originally posted by buckky
    I really want to get off this planet just to get away from the dirt dum Rap music nightmare. To many cars rattleing apart at the seams playing stupid Rap music. Rap is a sign of society falling apart. Worthless racket is all is it. It is not music. I don't know what it is, but it sucks the big one..
    Rap is a contradiction in may ways. On the one hand is fulfills the Wagner ideal of sprechtsingen, which he foretold was the future of sung music, on the other hand, the horrific lyrics, volume at which it is played and appeal to thugish looking kids imitating thugish looking artists makes it quite repellent. Periodically cleanse your ears with a little Wagner, Mozart, Beethoven and call me in the morning!
  4. Germany
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 14:12
    Listen to some Immortal Technique.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 15:46
    true.

its like you can get any piece of crap to be recognized as music nowadays.
  6. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 19:25
    then please leave the planet.
  7. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 23:06
    Rap is Crap! End of!
  8. Standard memberStTito
    The Mullverine
    Little Beirut
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 23:46
    go back to your assisted living home.
  9. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 00:12
    Originally posted by StTito
    go back to your assisted living home.
    Whoa! Touchy Touchy!

That aint no way for a Saint to be talking!

Just so you know, I can put in my two cents worth too.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 01:28
    I dont judge music by genre. There is always at least one or two songs that I like in any genre.
    I like Eminem. (not the guy , the music)
  11. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 01:36
    I have some jazz music that includes rap. The Dirty Dozen Brass Band for example. the rap adds immense power to the songs. I've heard rap structure that (please, this is implied very minimally) compares to a jazz solos.

I don't usually, or can't really, understand the lyrics. And 90% of it doesn't warrent much attention. But like all music, if you really try you can find a gem.

I get troubled by the way that womwn are spoken about, but I can also find some Rolling Stones or Rod Stewart that crosses the line of decency.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 12:46
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    Rap is Crap! End of!
    Precisely!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 13:16
    What about "industrial" music? is that that crap too?
  14. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 13:59
    Depends what day of the week it is!
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    02 Aug '09 14:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont judge music by genre. There is always at least one or two songs that I like in any genre.
    I like Eminem. (not the guy , the music)
    I have tried to find something about Rap that might be worthy, but I can't find it. I take that back there is one Rap tune I like. Bob Dylans "Subterainian Homesick Blues".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree