1. Joined
    04 Oct '10
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 02:40
    I enjoy both fiction and nonfiction, but sometimes my brain enjoys a yarn. I just read a novel (fiction) by Victor Luxus. It's called "The Independent", and it's about the current political climate in America. Did not agree with everything in it, but it certainly was timely.

Was on the fence whether to post here or in DEBATES since the topic is primarily political... but since it's a book, CULTURE seemed more appropriate.

Anyway, it's worth a look. Though the guy obviously hates Trump, he takes it out on the Dems also. Maybe not "fair", but pretty well-balanced.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '19 17:25
    @bks2000 said
    I enjoy both fiction and nonfiction, but sometimes my brain enjoys a yarn. I just read a novel (fiction) by Victor Luxus. It's called "The Independent", and it's about the current political climate in America. Did not agree with everything in it, but it certainly was timely.

Was on the fence whether to post here or in DEBATES since the topic is primarily political... but ...[text shortened]... obviously hates Trump, he takes it out on the Dems also. Maybe not "fair", but pretty well-balanced.
    I've read fiction called "The Independent" before, but there were too many irritating ads and auto-play videos and the site kept scrolling back to the top without me asking it to, and it was annoyingly prejudiced against anyone non-[i]salon[/i[-y on either side, so I rarely bother these days.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '19 15:26
    @Shallow-Blue
    You don't read print anymore? Just ebooks?
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Aug '19 13:34
    @sonhouse said
    @Shallow-Blue
    You don't read print anymore? Just ebooks?
    I cannot fathom how you got that from what I wrote.
  5. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    26 Aug '19 22:31
    sonhouse is not a true reader.

e-books !

those who read love the smell and feel of paper.

fahrenheit 451.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree