1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 09:012 edits
    Has anyone read the works of Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Javier Sierra and/or Juan Gómez?

I think it is interesting that the best selling authors in the Spanish speaking world, at least those originated from the mother land, are thrillers. It may be a switch in readers' preferences or just that the quality is being produced within that genre.

I just finished 'The Shadow of the Wind' and even though I enjoyed it a lot, I must say I am not impressed. He happens to be, however, a smash hit in the U.K.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 18:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Has anyone read the works of Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Javier Sierra and/or Juan Gómez?

I think it is interesting that the best selling authors in the Spanish speaking world, at least those originated from the mother land, are thrillers. It may be a switch in readers' preferences or just that the quality is being produced within that genre.

I just finished 'Th ...[text shortened]... d it a lot, I must say I am not impressed. He happens to be, however, a smash hit in the U.K.
    Yeah, we all know about Cervantes, ok, move on everyone, nothing to see here.

Well except the boobies at the nude beach where Seitse is reading his Spanish thrillers.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 18:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Yeah, we all know about Cervantes, ok, move on everyone, nothing to see here.

Well except the boobies at the nude beach where Seitse is reading his Spanish thrillers.
    Want some details about the boob jungle I was exploring last couple o' weeks, dude?

😉
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 18:26
    Want some details about the boob jungle I was exploring last couple o' weeks, dude?

😉
    Sure!
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    04 Aug '08 07:57
    No. Haven't seen them.

Do you mean novels by Spanish writers or novels in Spanish?

I've enjoyed Goytisolo and Saer.

Regarding Cervantes -- Quixote goes on a bit, but the Exemplary Tales are highly recommended!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree