1. Blighty
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:26
    Seriously! It's been announced that the tiny T.C. will be playing Jack Reacher in the upcoming 'One Shot', my thoughts on this are at :

http://gomestic.com/consumer-information/tom-cruise-as-jack-reacher-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me/

But who do you think should play Reacher?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 15:232 edits
    Originally posted by Surtism
    Seriously! It's been announced that the tiny T.C. will be playing Jack Reacher in the upcoming 'One Shot', my thoughts on this are at :

http://gomestic.com/consumer-information/tom-cruise-as-jack-reacher-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me/

But who do you think should play Reacher?
    Well, in films, the filming technique can make someone look larger than they are so there will be lots of close ups and such and perspective shots where he is closer and so looks bigger.

Who would you suggest for the part? They chose Cruise for his drawing power, who else could do both the acting job and the draw? Steven Segal? Chuck Norris?

The juice will be in the portrayal so maybe you should just wait and see instead of grousing beforehand.

It really sucks for someone to have served 13 years and not gone the extra 7 so he at least gets some kind of pension, even in fiction. I know it happens a lot in real life too.

In the case of officers, if you are riffed, you have the choice of going the distance as enlisted or mustering out. If you serve 7 more years as a sergeant you get the retirement pay of your highest officer rank, in Jack's case, Major.
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 20:22
    The actor I feel would be best for the role would be Stephen Lang, the Colonel from Avatar - right look, right physique and certainly had the military look.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 13:18
    Originally posted by Surtism
    The actor I feel would be best for the role would be Stephen Lang, the Colonel from Avatar - right look, right physique and certainly had the military look.
    What about someone like Hugh Jackman? You know, Wolverine?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree