1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 01:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Finally found "Hardware and Sound". I'll explore the several options this weekend. Thanks.
    Still malfunctioning. Eric will hopefully be able to do a GoToAssist to diagnose the issue and correct it soon.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 10:51
    Still malfunctioning. Eric will hopefully be able to do a GoToAssist to diagnose the issue and correct it soon.
    Can you give me the make and model and OS of your comp, a laptop I think but which one?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 07:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Can you give me the make and model and OS of your comp, a laptop I think but which one?
    Personal Message to follow later today. Thanks.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 01:321 edit
    Here is another friend, Steve Gillette, we produced one of his concerts in Venice Beach back in the day. Great song writer. This song, Darcy Farrow, he was taking a class in folklore and presented this song to his professor as a discovery he made, he fooled him completely, but Steve was the author with his buddy Tom Campbell. He had to admit it when his first ...[text shortened]... .com/watch?v=3k7QfQ0duh8

River Run, (vocals only!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfUSFdELGrI
    Bernt Solvoll:

"I'm Alone & Frail Tonight"

YouTube

How beautiful. Guess we all feel that way from time to time; I sure did back in early 2011. Thanks, sonhouse.
    12 of 25)
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 20:30
    Bernt Solvoll:

[b]"I'm Alone & Frail Tonight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z65qT9vvG3A

How beautiful. Guess we all feel that way from time to time; I sure did back in early 2011. Thanks, sonhouse.
    12 of 25)[/b]
    So you got sound back? Are you using just the laptop speakers or do you have earphones of some kind?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 19:411 edit
    So you got sound back? Are you using just the laptop speakers or do you have earphones of some kind?
    The laptop's harman/kardon speaker system is finally working again. I can't get that song out of my ears. Thanks.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 11:011 edit
    The laptop's harman/kardon speaker system is finally working again. I can't get that song out of my ears. Thanks.
    So what was the final result about what was wrong with the sound? You said you had Harman/Kardon speakers, those are external? Was it something with the power supply of the speakers? Just curious, that's the kind of thing I deal with on a daily basis here, troubleshooting these kinds of problems, although my problems takes me into a lot of esoteric fields like vacuum plasma RF physics issues as well as signal tracing kind of things. Also a lot of broken valves and motors overheating🙂

It is sad that someone as talented as Bernt gets no recognition outside of a small bunch in Norway, bar room buddies basically where he has his band.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '14 15:58
    So what was the final result about what was wrong with the sound? You said you had Harman/Kardon speakers, those are external? Was it something with the power supply of the speakers? Just curious, that's the kind of thing I deal with on a daily basis here, troubleshooting these kinds of problems, although my problems takes me into a lot of esoteric fields l ...[text shortened]... ecognition outside of a small bunch in Norway, bar room buddies basically where he has his band.
    We've already discussed these issues by personal messages. His lack of recognition is very difficult to believe.

So the next recommendation is...

13 of 25) My Shangri-la: YouTube&feature=related

"Uploaded on Oct 4, 2010 My Shangri-La by Bernt Solvoll from the album Impressions in Mind" with only 2,725 Hits!

Oh, my. Sat here for four minutes transfixed by the sheer beauty of the mountain cabin environment, his minimalist need designed/constructed home while listening to one of the most memorable songs you've recommended. Thank you,
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 14:34
    "I came across this guitar fingerpicking net, lots of good tunes there: Here is a guy named Stefano Nosei doing James Taylor's Fire and Rain:

YouTube

Lots of other dudes, European guys, playing on that site." Added as number 26.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 20:02
    "I came across this guitar fingerpicking net, lots of good tunes there: Here is a guy named Stefano Nosei doing James Taylor's Fire and Rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU15YWu8QvI

Lots of other dudes, European guys, playing on that site." Added as number 26.
    I finally got in touch with Bernt. He is in fact 100% Norwegian, his english is so good I thought he was a transplant🙂 I send him the link to my myspace site and he said he loved my music! I would like to meet him in person, a very interesting dude for sure. He deserves more recognition.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:26
    Here are some friends singing a powerful song, Kilkelly Ireland, my wife sings this song in concert.

YouTube

We stayed at Mick's place in Philly a few years ago, he put us up on a third floor bedroom. So on the wall was this weird looking contraption, I thought it was a telephone cradle. So I fiddled with it and all of a sudden an extremely loud siren goes off, flashing lights, I thought a war had started🙂

Turned out it was an alarm system if the house got invaded. We were just a bid embarrassed, Mick had to go to the command center downstairs in the basement to reset the system🙂 He won't soon forget US!
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:36
    I finally got in touch with Bernt. He is in fact 100% Norwegian, his english is so good I thought he was a transplant🙂 I send him the link to my myspace site and he said he loved my music! I would like to meet him in person, a very interesting dude for sure. He deserves more recognition.
    Amazing that you 'got in touch' with him in so far away! His approval of your own music must have pleased you greatly.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:38
    Here are some friends singing a powerful song, Kilkelly Ireland, my wife sings this song in concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXEr08aRhts

We stayed at Mick's place in Philly a few years ago, he put us up on a third floor bedroom. So on the wall was this weird looking contraption, I thought it was a telephone cradle. So I fiddled with it and all ...[text shortened]... to the command center downstairs in the basement to reset the system🙂 He won't soon forget US!
    Great story. YouTube added as number 27. Thank you.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 18:44
    "Man, this guy is a wonder, simple melodies just sounding incredible. He reminds me of my best friend in Jerusalem, Ray Scudero, RIP, who wrote like this, 600 songs! here is another gem:"

Legs crossed: Uploaded on Sep 3, 2011 From the album "In My Backyard" released December 2011 (iTunes). 40 years later........." Only a paltry 1,322 Hits.???

YouTube
    14)

"We were young then and our world was music...." Oh, my! What a line and sung around a campfire. Thank you, sonhouse.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 03:27

"Man, this guy is a wonder, simple melodies just sounding incredible. He reminds me of my best friend in Jerusalem, Ray Scudero, RIP, who wrote like this, 600 songs! here is another gem:

Snow upon my slopes:

YouTube
    15)

"Bernt Solvoll Snow Upon My Slopes

Published on Feb 3, 2014

Just another Monday in my "Office"; I went into the woods with a song title and came home with a song!"

Felt transported to those snowy downhill slopes while listening to this wonderful song. Thank you, sonhouse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree