1. Big D
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 10:182 edits
    Originally posted by Buzz Meeks
    That sounds like Ellroy. Priceless. After reading "My Dark Places" you have to wonder what he's really like.
    He looks normal on the outside and has a bazillion great stories to tell, but inside, he's a seething rage of resentments. You know, his mother was murdered when he was quite young, and they never caught the killer. If he weren't such a talented writer, he could have been the greatest talk radio personality ever!
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 10:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    So Le Clezio got the prize. Can't say I've ever read him -- have you?
    Honestly, i had never even heard of him. Will probably follow the herd and buy one of his books with the label "2008 Nobel Prize Winner" that are bound to flourish in bookshops around the world.

Is that sentence too long? Oh, well.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 10:48
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    He looks normal on the outside and has a bazillion great stories to tell, but inside, he's a seething rage of resentments. You know, his mother was murdered when he was quite young, and they never caught the killer. If he weren't such a talented writer, he could have been the greatest talk radio personality ever!
    Nick Cave's favourite author, it is said.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 09:33
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    So Le Clezio got the prize. Can't say I've ever read him -- have you?
    I didn't even know he existed at all.

But hey, two thumbs up for the Nobel, because it serves as a delux reading suggestion board.

Le Clèzio it is 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree