Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    17 May '11 21:02
    By now I've pretty much acquired copies all of the music I had when I was a nipper but then lost in the vicissitudes of life, but one album eludes me still - "Italians From Outer Space" by Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias. I tried to buy a vinyl copy from some 'collector', but it turned out to be a scam. I can't believe there's no digital copy in existence! It's a brilliant album.

    Any of your youth classics still evading your clutches?
  2. 18 May '11 00:55
    Leon Thomas in Berlin
    King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
    Steve Lacy - a solo LP that I forget the name of and am too lazy
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    19 May '11 00:09 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    By now I've pretty much acquired copies all of the music I had when I was a nipper but then lost in the vicissitudes of life, but one album eludes me still - "Italians From Outer Space" by Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias. I tried to buy a vinyl copy from some 'collector', but it turned out to be a scam. I can't believe there's no digital copy in existence! It's a brilliant album.

    Any of your youth classics still evading your clutches?
    I found an mp3 download of some of it here:

    http://mp3.rapidlibrary.com/mp3.php?file=1207338&song=holiday+frog

    One I'd like to find is Joan Baez' first album, Folksingers 'Round Harvard Square. Had a copy but it got dusted. Actually just found out she recorded a demo record before that. THAT I would like also!
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    21 May '11 01:38
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Leon Thomas in Berlin
    King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
    Steve Lacy - a solo LP that I forget the name of and am too lazy
    'In the Court of the Crimson King' is readily available. I was just listening to the CD today.
  5. 21 May '11 19:30
    Originally posted by rwingett
    'In the Court of the Crimson King' is readily available. I was just listening to the CD today.
    I've looked at the King Crimson site and other amazon type sites and come up dry. Have to try a new angle.
  6. 21 May '11 19:45
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I've looked at the King Crimson site and other amazon type sites and come up dry. Have to try a new angle.
    Any problem with these?:

    http://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson-King-Deluxe/dp/B002M3GPOS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306006939&sr=8-2

    http://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson-King/dp/B00065MDRW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306006939&sr=8-1
  7. 22 May '11 15:02
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Any problem with these?:

    http://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson-King-Deluxe/dp/B002M3GPOS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306006939&sr=8-2

    http://www.amazon.com/Court-Crimson-King/dp/B00065MDRW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306006939&sr=8-1
    Well I'll be, thanks.