1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 07:45
    Very cultured thread, this. I don't play MM games myself, being a hermit, but I envy those who do.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 22:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Very cultured thread, this. I don't play MM games myself, being a hermit, but I envy those who do.
    Yeah, believe me, I'm sorry I created it.

That's the beauty of it though, Kewpie, you can do anything on the internet and still be a hermit. 🙂
  3. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 01:442 edits
    You can't have a subscriber base of 10 million people and have them all be people with no life 🙂

Frankly, I think people that meet that characterization - the true "hard core gamers" tend to gravitate to games with deeper gameplay than WoW. Games like, say, chess.

It's actually the more socially well-adjusted people that play WoW and stick with it.... mostly for just that reason: they've found groups of people they enjoy playing with and socializing with. And at least those people that I met all had very active lives outside the game.

I don't play it anymore, but I've played it from time to time. It's fun, but never really keeps my interest for more than a month or two.

P.S. How's that new "Panda" expansion, that just looked over the top ridiculous.
  4. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    08 Feb '13 01:48
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    This was brave. While I don't play World of Warcraft.... I am a geek/nerd... Who happens to be an athlete. You probably heard of me before, cos I'm kind of a big deal. 😛
    You're not Kobayashi, are you? Because that would fit.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    10 Feb '13 08:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    (I put this here since I'm not sure where else this would fit. I guess it's culture-related.)

Since about 2006 or so, I've been playing World of Warcraft. I also played City of Heroes until it was taken down at the end of November. So now I play WoW as my main online game fix.

Most people (thanks to the media, and South Park) have this idea that on ...[text shortened]... u know my character names and maybe we can go take down the Lich King sometime. 😀
    Games like WoW are relatively popular among women because of their social nature.

I did play WoW for a while but got bored of it.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 19:06
    Originally posted by WoodPush
    You can't have a subscriber base of 10 million people and have them all be people with no life 🙂

Frankly, I think people that meet that characterization - the true "hard core gamers" tend to gravitate to games with deeper gameplay than WoW. Games like, say, chess.

It's actually the more socially well-adjusted people that play WoW and stick with it. ...[text shortened]... .

P.S. How's that new "Panda" expansion, that just looked over the top ridiculous.
    "Mists of Pandaria" is amazing. I like it, but a lot of people think it's turned WoW into "World of Dailycraft", since there is basically only one way to advance in the end game. Do all the Daily quests you can find for faction with the various groups, and then do more Dailys for other factions after you hit "exalted" with those groups, since you only get a certain amount of daily quests per day, and you can't do all the Dailys in the game in one day. I love the graphics in this expansion, the scenery is remarkably good, and Pandaria is beautiful. And I do like the Panda player characters, it lends more variety to the game.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 19:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Games like WoW are relatively popular among women because of their social nature.

I did play WoW for a while but got bored of it.
    I play WoW solo a lot. I like doing my quests at my pace, but most of my characters are in guilds so there's that social aspect you speak of, too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree